Game ruling error

Chase4787

Hello, I'ts too confusing trying to find where to post this so it's going here.

I found a gameplay error while playing the beta. When Drowzee HS used it's attack sleep inducer, I had no benched Pokemon for it to switch to, so the game put my active to sleep. This would normally make sense except the attack reads "The new defending Pokemon is now asleep." I double checked this with a reliable source (PokePop of pokegym) and this indeed is not how it should function. I just wanted to let you know so you could correct the error.

Chase

He doesn't cite sources for the Drowzee part, and honestly I think he's wrong. When cards tell you to do something, you do as much of it as you can. In this case, that's put the defending Pokémon to sleep. The word "new" is just there to remind you that this happens after the first part.

PokePop is a world class judge who has head judged both US nationals and Worlds. The PokeGym compendium, which he helped make, is recognised by Pokemon as being the source for correct ruings and errata's. I'm pretty sure he knows the correct ruling.. His source is his experience.

Doesn't matter. Have you ever written a paper for anything? "I know it" is never a valid source. If he posted links to the rules he used to make that call, that would be one thing. But he just said "it works this way" with no clarification or anything.

Besides... he's not the head judge for Trainer Challenge. Presumably that's one of Ella's parents. :P

I have written papers and I know when you need a valid source, you turn to an expert on the subject, which I did. I will admit that he did just leave me to trust him and didn't clarify anything but I have asked him to do so.

It is a beta which have errors and are produced to catch said errors.

@Chase, don't worry I'm sure that the error will be corrected.

@keiya : Some degree of scepticism is good. In this case you could always check for yourself and read the compendium and the Ask The Masters forums.

Validity of Compendium here http://compendium.pokegym.net/faq

Archived