Clarification on this forum's profanity filter

Archaic

Can't see any place to put this, so I'm guess this is as good as any.

Can we have some clarification from the moderators here about which words are on the profanity filter list please? I've noticed some very odd and even inconsistent behaviour from the filter, to the point where it appears that there actually may be a software error. Has anyone else noticed this?

Hey Archaic!

We apologize for the confusion that the censors are causing lately! This is a new forum and just like when you guys report issues with our games or suggestions even, we're taking this beta period to figure out all the little things we can change to make everything ...the very best, like no TCGO ever was. ;) Even down to the filters! Because we want this environment as safe and friendly as possible for all of our players, we're making changes to them everyday according to the material on each thread. Like everything, this is a process and your patience is super appreciated.

All of the kinks are being worked out, I promise! Thanks for looking out. We're lucky to have players like you as members of our community.

Jaqq

Forum Knight

"A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."

Hello Jaqq. Thanks for the quick reply.

From the looks of things after reading a few other things, it certainly does appear as if the issue is a software bug, rather than anything intentionally put in the profanity filter. So that'll be something for your techs rather than for you and the other mods.

If there's anything we over at Bulbagarden / Bulbapedia can help with in regards to these settings or with anything else on these forums, please don't hesitate to ask.

Yeah, like "Crystal" is censored. I'm sure you can't see it due to that, but I'll just explain that it's the Pokemon game that came after Gold and Silver. I don't see how that can be considered profanity, though! confused_smile.png

Archived