Any hope to download the game ?

kevwalker91

What i mean is, instead of making it browser-based, why not making it able to download the client and install it on the PC. I need to load the game for not less than 10 minutes before I can actually plays it. And it uses my memory quite a lot. Besides if I lose internet connection I need to reload it again..for >10 minutes.

• 1 month later...

I support this! Everytime I turn on my comp i have to load my Collection for unknown amount of time, I had to refresh a few times and try my luck. If im not wrong it's downloading the card's art, and if this game could be downloaded the images will be stored on disk and loaded into memory without the need to redownload them...

Me too, I'm down for a client version- keep the browser version as well, for when I'm not on my primary desktop, but have a local client for those who wish to use it.

I like this idea. It shouldn't be restirected to online. And we should be able to organize our decks any time we want. A phone app would be nice too!

I recall a thread similiar to this one from about 2 monthes into open beta.

One of the proffessors replied in it that they have no plans on making a downloadable client for this game. And not even plans on porting it to anything other than Flash to support various mobile devices(And get rid of some of the issues that come due to it being Flash based).

In short, not gonna happen, and too bad at that, since that's probably one of the best things they could've done for their community.

I recall a thread similiar to this one from about 2 monthes into open beta.

One of the proffessors replied in it that they have no plans on making a downloadable client for this game. And not even plans on porting it to anything other than Flash to support various mobile devices(And get rid of some of the issues that come due to it being Flash based).

In short, not gonna happen, and too bad at that, since that's probably one of the best things they could've done for their community.

Well, if that's the case, I think they should at least find a way to knock down the load times. Like, if it's downloading images, why all images? Why not just the cards in our collection? In the least, they should be able to store that store that sort of thing in the browser cache or something.

The problem with this is that if it were downloaded and not online, you could only play trainer challenge. You wouldn't be able to verse another player if you aren't connected to internet.

Archived