First Strike and Punishment decks

GR0

Felt like posting my improved First Strike deck, and my new Punishment deck. Decks are NOT top-tier, I simply don't have the stuff for that (I managed to get really far with just my beta boosters, like a playset of Donphan Primes which are not part of these decks, etcetera, but especially now with the EX Pokemon I just can't keep up).

First Strike:

4x Shelmet

4x Accelgor

2x Tyrogue

4x Minccino (Last Resort, still have to trade for the Call for Family one which is better for this deck)

4x Cinccino (Do the Wave)

2x Stantler

2x Energy Search

4x Level Ball

4x Pokemon Catcher

4x Rocky Helmet

2x Bianca

4x Cheren

2x Pokemon Collector

2x Professor Oak's New Theory

8x Grass Energy

4x Double Colorless Energy

4x Rescue Energy

Concept's simple: deal big damage for only 1 or 2 energy (and retreat easily), now with Rocky Helmet for more. Stantler sets Ciccino up and Tyrogue can start dealing 30 damage, whatever I need. Level Ball searches everything which is nice, and Helmet nicely adds damage better than Pluspower would. Energy Search helps cover bad luck, which happens frequently despite usually starting with multiple Supporters: I MUST attack ASAP. Oh, and I prefer a mix of Bianca and Oak, as I frequently want to keep the few remaining cards (and if none, it doesn't matter of course).

Punishment:

2x Tyrogue

4x Riolu (Punch, Quick Attack)

4x Ability Lucario

4x Druddigon

2x Stantler

4x Pokemon Catcher

3x Pokemon Communication

4x Potion

4x Rocky Helmet

2x Bianca

4x Cheren

2x Pokemon Collector

2x Professor Oak's New Theory

15x Fighting Energy

4x Double Colorless Energy

Again a beatdown-ish deck: this time I combine Rocky Helmet with Lucario or Druddigon by making the opponent take 40 damage for each attack they might dish out. It started out as a fun theme, but it turned out to be surprisingly effective. Most stuff should be obvious, except Potion: it's there to keep my Pokemon alive. It frequently is a quadruple Pluspower, so to speak. Tyrogue and Stantler are just fillers this time: any better suggestions? I tried to go with only 8 Basics for a change, but it gives my opponent such an incredibly card advantage it just doesn't work out.

Archived