Energy eater deck

timbo239

I made this deck fairly recently, and i've been having a lot of fun using it. The goal is to restrict your opponents energy usage and take their pokemon out while they are crippled. Thought i would share it with you guys and hopefully get some feedback/comments. :)

Pokemon

cleffa x1

pinsir (nd) x3

tangela x2

tangrowth x2

hoothoot x2

noctowl x2

porygon x3

porygon2 x2

porygonZ x2

Items

crushing hammer x4

lost remover x4

junk arm x4

catcher x2

pcomm x4

switch x1

Supporters

collector x3

pont x4

twins x2

Energy

dce x4

rainbow x4

grass x5

The strategy is pretty straightforward. Lead off with either cleffa/pinsir/tangela and start removing energies whenever possible. Use catchers to bring out any pokemon on the bench and cripple them. The porygon/noctowl lines are paired together in order to bring back hammers/removers from the discard pile and draw into them on the same turn. Once their decks start to slow down, hit them with pinsir and tangrowth for prizes.

Ive found that this deck is extremely effective against 6corners and some mewtwo decks, but tends to struggle against eels and typhlosions. While these decks arent impossible to beat, it does provide a challenge at times. I tend to favor tangrowth during these encounters, since energies in the lost zone cant be brought back.

I've considered running Musharna (nd) instead of noctowls, but I have not tested yet. I should also probably include at least 1 mewtwo as well

I know it's broken online, but a fliptini would be great for this, especially if you 2T pinsirs Power Pinch attack. And to help on all those Hammers.

I would also throw another switch in there, just to make Tangrowth a bit more mobile.

It is good! I have a similar concept deck but I went the route with Psy + colorless. Basically it is the Nidoqueen + Porygon Z combo. Doing the 6 cards draw for each 30dmg attack. Not a lot but if you can't even attack me then it doesn't matter. I honestly think your deck is better though. ^_^

one possible tech would be smoochum as a starter so that you could move around your opponents energy to places its not meant to be, throwing them off even more.

I know it's broken online, but a fliptini would be great for this, especially if you 2T pinsirs Power Pinch attack. And to help on all those Hammers.

I would also throw another switch in there, just to make Tangrowth a bit more mobile.

Doesn't Fliptni work only for attacks?

Archived