Okay Really now?

heavyarms55

I know TCGO is still considered a BETA, but I'm sick of all these glitches. I feel like whenever they manage to fix one 5 more start showing up. I can't help but feel the programmers need to shut the website down for a solid two or three days and really go through and get at these.

Blue screen errors, log in issues, matchmaking failing and forcing me to refresh. None of these would be that big of a deal, but they've been there for weeks and weeks.

Also this is less of an issue because this is actually new but the new cards from Next Destinies don't interact well with some of the older cards. The main one I notice is Fliptini, the Ability Victini. Now this may just be that victini, which means they've had longer to fix it, but when I use the new Arcanine with it, sometimes the ability doesn't activate, sometimes it forces me to flip a second time when I already got heads, and occasionally it works properly.

I've been playing TCGO for months now and I feel the need to say this. Please whoever is uncharge of handling glitches, please consider it. Other people might whine, but if they come back after several days downtime to find the game running better than ever before, I think most people would be happier.

One last thing, are we ever going to get that "challenge a friend" mode? Cause right now having a friends list is rather pointless.

i totally agree with you. they need to fix the problems...like i was challenging someone, and they kept on clicking it,and it wouldnt work.....

I know TCGO is still considered a BETA, but I'm sick of all these glitches. I feel like whenever they manage to fix one 5 more start showing up. I can't help but feel the programmers need to shut the website down for a solid two or three days and really go through and get at these.

I think a mod said in another thread that shutting it down won't help at all they work on it even when it is up, they just use mantainance to put it up and test the bugs to see if the update fixed them etc, the only diffrence shutting it down will make it just not letting people on, it shouldn't speed up bug fixing.

Maybe, but I find it diffucult to believe they can work on it while its running. I'm no programmer but no program I've ever used has been able to keep running while it's being updated. You don't work on a car with the engine running, if you know what I mean.

when the server is down (mainatnce time) is whenthey apply bug fixes and other changes to site, yes taking the site down for longer time will give them more time to fix things, but that is not what they want obviuosllly they want to give the peopel more time to play, instead of turning the site off for days at a time

sorry for the misspellings

Maybe, but I find it diffucult to believe they can work on it while its running. I'm no programmer but no program I've ever used has been able to keep running while it's being updated. You don't work on a car with the engine running, if you know what I mean.

Well that is how most games work, to use your example its like this Its like having a car engine in a car and also having one in the garage and you a fixing the one in the garage (removing bugs) and then you take the car in to swap it over (maintance) give them the better version and then drive off (close mantiance)

You see what i mean they are editing a copy on the compter and once they belive they have fixed enough bugs or done enough changes they will take this game down and upload the next one, and make any final changes incase something went wrong.

Hello!

Please refer to my post on a similar thread for more information: www.pokemontcg.com/forums/feedback-bugs-suggestions/topics/roll-back-junk-arm

Thanks!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

Need to report a bug or an issue? Submit a ticket to support.pokemon.com!

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

- Vash the Stampede

Yes and that's what we call version control. Any real world software engineering (aka programming) project should be using that. You are suppose to branch the project, make the change and test that. If it work and pass QA you release it and further down the road merge it back to the main project code. You can do that in SVN or GIT or some other version control (I think.. I only worked with the 2 above).

So put this in the car example would be like cloning the cars and fix the engine the swap the car you are driving ^_^ It's no rocket surgery.

And yes I am programmer and I have been in the industry since 1997 =P

Well that is how most games work, to use your example its like this Its like having a car engine in a car and also having one in the garage and you a fixing the one in the garage (removing bugs) and then you take the car in to swap it over (maintance) give them the better version and then drive off (close mantiance)

You see what i mean they are editing a copy on the compter and once they belive they have fixed enough bugs or done enough changes they will take this game down and upload the next one, and make any final changes incase something went wrong.

Archived