Pls don't spam the public offer list with 10 of the same entires..

AriesDante

I know you are desperate to get a mewtwo but putting up 10 entries of the same topics spamming the whole page is not exactly a nice thing to do. If someone will trade you they will see it. Honestly I notice that if someone is willing to deal with me I will get a respond in like < 1 min.

Sometimes it's unfortunately a necessity. For example, I'm looking for ND Lucario. However, there are 2 (foil) versions of it, but I don't care which one I get. I can merge duplicates, but for trading that still means I'm only asking for 1 of the 2. So, I always need to duplicate my trade requests for it to allow everyone with a ND Lucario to see it.

Of course, 10 is a whole different situation. Unless their offer is different everytime, in which case they're simply trying to get multiple Mewtwos or aren't sure enough their other trades would get accepted and so put up multiple to get it ASAP. Which is nothing wrong with.

The main problem is when people spam the page with "look in my binder" 20 times. I understand doing it once every few minutes, but if you do, withdraw your old offer so that it doesn't clog up the posts...

I agree. Hate it when people spam up the trades with the same offer 3+ times, especially given that the offer is usually something ridiculous. It pushes other trades down faster and just takes up more room than anyone viewing it would like.

The main problem is when people spam the page with "look in my binder" 20 times. I understand doing it once every few minutes, but if you do, withdraw your old offer so that it doesn't clog up the posts...

IMO, those trades shouldn't even be there 1 time. Not only are most of those just blatant scams (it's different from just bad trades: they put those trades up with the intention of not having it get accepted, instead of simply undervalueing something due to not knowing the full value or having a reasonable believe that the trade's worth it for some), but since too many players do it, it's spammy even if it's posted only once a day. Trades should be for trades, not for advertisements, and I hope those pathetic binder beggars will be reportable in the future.

Now if they put that message on trades actually meant to be trades, THAT would be more than acceptable of course. But the fact is: they don't. It's always stuff like "Caterpie for Torterra", or a card for the exact same one, not even a different version (so, easy to clean out, but I don't do so as then I'd only encourage them to also try and scam).

I used to accompany some of my regular trades with "Don't look at their binders, they're just scamming in disguise" and stuff like that. But I stopped with that as I only made things look more spammy.

I know you are desperate to get a mewtwo but putting up 10 entries of the same topics spamming the whole page is not exactly a nice thing to do. If someone will trade you they will see it. Honestly I notice that if someone is willing to deal with me I will get a respond in like < 1 min.

I completely agree. I don't usually get a response quite that fast, but generally if someone will make the trade, it'll happen relatively quick.

IMO, those trades shouldn't even be there 1 time. Not only are most of those just blatant scams (it's different from just bad trades: they put those trades up with the intention of not having it get accepted, instead of simply undervalueing something due to not knowing the full value or having a reasonable believe that the trade's worth it for some), but since too many players do it, it's spammy even if it's posted only once a day. Trades should be for trades, not for advertisements, and I hope those pathetic binder beggars will be reportable in the future.

Now if they put that message on trades actually meant to be trades, THAT would be more than acceptable of course. But the fact is: they don't. It's always stuff like "Caterpie for Torterra", or a card for the exact same one, not even a different version (so, easy to clean out, but I don't do so as then I'd only encourage them to also try and scam).

I used to accompany some of my regular trades with "Don't look at their binders, they're just scamming in disguise" and stuff like that. But I stopped with that as I only made things look more spammy.

What??

I guess you dont use your binder then. because thats the only way you can get people to look in your binders and so they know they are up, try just putting up your binder and not advertising it anyway, see how many people offer you trades.

And how is putting a spinarak up for another spinarak a scam??

and people only do caterpie for torterra is because you get a free untradeable torterra which still appears in trades so people put that trade up so everyone can see it, PLUS whenever you put spinarak for spinarak trades up theres always 1 person who finds it funny to accept them all, so of course you have to make more/ ones like 1 spinarak for 2 spinrak and so on.

What??

I guess you dont use your binder then. because thats the only way you can get people to look in your binders and so they know they are up, try just putting up your binder and not advertising it anyway, see how many people offer you trades.

and people only do caterpie for torterra is because you get a free untradeable torterra which still appears in trades so people put that trade up so everyone can see it, PLUS whenever you put spinarak for spinarak trades up theres always 1 person who finds it funny to accept them all, so of course you have to make more/ ones like 1 spinarak for 2 spinrak and so on.

Binders can still easily be advertised by making a normal trade. Obviously, you want a trade, and you've already made up what you want and what you're willing to trade. Choose a trade from it. For example, 1 of the cards you want is Zapdos, and 1 of the cards in your binder is a Moltres, and you think that would make a good trade. Then advertise your binder by THAT trade! And of course, feel free to do many more trades like that, as there's nothing wrong with actual trades.

What??

Binders can still easily be advertised by making a normal trade. Obviously, you want a trade, and you've already made up what you want and what you're willing to trade. Choose a trade from it. For example, 1 of the cards you want is Zapdos, and 1 of the cards in your binder is a Moltres, and you think that would make a good trade. Then advertise your binder by THAT trade! And of course, feel free to do many more trades like that, as there's nothing wrong with actual trades.

You just don't understand the trading system very well imo. you were spot on with the multiple offers of the same stupidness but the system is made for people to be able to 'advertise' their binders. Its a great way for people to find what they want in other people binders and it makes you much more likely to get a good trade for what you want since they will offer for things they want as well. Your little example is a good one but its practically never that simple, plus most people have more then one want so they don't want their binder advert to disapear after only getting one of their wanted cards. But for the record yes it is annoying if people put their binder advert 3 times every few minutes.

You just don't understand the trading system very well imo. you were spot on with the multiple offers of the same stupidness but the system is made for people to be able to 'advertise' their binders. Its a great way for people to find what they want in other people binders and it makes you much more likely to get a good trade for what you want since they will offer for things they want as well. Your little example is a good one but its practically never that simple, plus most people have more then one want so they don't want their binder advert to disapear after only getting one of their wanted cards. But for the record yes it is annoying if people put their binder advert 3 times every few minutes.

On the contrary, I do understand how the trading system works. Public offers is meant to make specific trades, not to beg people to look at your binder. Asking for people to look at your binder should be a by-product of an actual trade, or should be advertised in the chat (as chat is for any kind of talk, in which especially something TCGO related like "I have my binder set up, please take a look" fits in).

Most people in trade chat do not want to look through binders as they are looking for something specific it is often better just to make a trade to the public advertising that your binder is up, so people actually know about it. and putting it on real trades will do 2 things

1. chance of being accepted so you have to keep on putting up more trades, some which you proberly didn't even want

2. makes it less likely for people to look at your trade and just look at your name and check your binder making it hard to sell everything the trade

so overall i think that is just a bad idea, just let people advertise there binders, its the easiest and most effective way of getting people to look at it

I hate when people spam the page, too. Usually, if someone is willing to trade with me, they'll accept instantly. I don't need to post 10 of the same trades. All asking for the same card/s. Offering the same card/s.

I don't have much of a problem seeing the same guy posting the same thing every 30 min or hour or hack even 15 min. As long as it is not a 5 lines repeating with the same thing after I refresh. I know your post will get overwritten by others in time that is understandable. so basically you wanna 'bump' you post. I can totally understand that. But posting in a continuous fashion within 1 nano second is just something I really hate. I see it once I've seen it. If it is some really crazy rip-off deal, good luck buddy (as some really makes me LOL) If your deals is fair you will get someone. I had posted some offer which got accepted like 8 hours later so just to prove that you don't have to be the top most recent post to get a trade accepted. The key is how fair it is and here is a hint.. basically

"Would you like to accept that deal if someone else offer that very same thing to you".

This ia my guideline and I won't even bother posting something that I myself won't accept. I seems to be doing ok.... so far.

Archived