What's happening with the Pokémon TCG Online?

DialgaChampion

I'm quite new here, but I don't see a ton of things happening with regards to updates...so I thought I should post a topic and see if anyone knows what's going on...

First off, I didn't know the TCG Online existed until December 2011, when I did a random Google search trying to find a sequel to the TCG Video Game for the original Gameboy... and that's when I came across the TCG Online website.

From what I've gathered from other people, the game has been in Open BETA for 11 months now, going on a year next month in March.

Are there any updates being made to the TCG Online?

In a way, PTCGO seems to be reminding me of Star Trek Online in 2011. Few updates, if any at all. Then, after Cryptic Studios was taken over by Perfect World Entertainment, things really got off the ground with Star Trek Online, and content started being pushed out left, right and center.

In fact, one of the things I notice with PTCGO is that there's no way to purchase Booster Credits on the website; they're only obtained by purchasing real card packs and theme decks in the store. I'm guessing it was probably done this way to prevent kids under 13 from paying real money online for a Pokémon-based game, which ranges from 6 years old and up... but still, this method makes it harder to add cards to your online collection.

Anyways, just wanted to see what's up with the game, if anything... PTCGO is a massive multiplayer online game, and I think it has tons of potential...and I like what I see so far. It just seems to be missing... a lot... of features...

Updaes are a bit slow at times, but they are working towards getting this out of the door. I'm sure they full thing will be out pretty soon, before 2013 at the latest I hope.

I am sitting on the fence, waiting for cards to be able to be purchased online. I check back every month or so to see if the game is out of beta and if the ability to purchase cards with money is there.

They rarely, if ever, update to fix bugs/glitches once they release a set. And they don't really inform us on anything related to the direction of the website, other than vague hints. We never get any real concrete info. I'm guessing that it's because when they do say things like "we hope to implement gems by the end of the month(in November).", or "we fixed eviolite", they epically fail. They basically say "we are in beta" and leave us completely in the dark.

They rarely, if ever, update to fix bugs/glitches once they release a set. And they don't really inform us on anything related to the direction of the website, other than vague hints. We never get any real concrete info. I'm guessing that it's because when they do say things like "we hope to implement gems by the end of the month(in November).", or "we fixed eviolite", they epically fail. They basically say "we are in beta" and leave us completely in the dark.

Ah, I see. So they don't want to make any strict commitments then...

Yep, this definitely reminds me of STO in 2011...

The potential here is astounding, but they are crawling towards the goal. They need to start improving faster or they will start to faulter, it is the internet!

One of the biggest features, binders, are still broken. There has also been no way to play friends. The only way is to time it perfectly, and concede if I didn't get in with my friend to try it again.

Something worth noting is there was no booster codes in the original BLW set (yet they were present in Theme Decks), which is very odd. Sounds like they had a late start to begin with. I really hope this takes off though :(

Archived