What are Pokémon Binders?

DialgaChampion

In the Trade section of the Deck Builder, I always see people posting messages that they have a Binder and that they are accepting offers, but I don't know what a Binder is, how to get one, or how to view another person's Binder.

When I click on the Binders tab in the Deck Builder, regardless of whether I click "For Trade" or "Wanted", nothing happens.

Perhaps I'm not doing something right...?

In the Trade section of the Deck Builder, I always see people posting messages that they have a Binder and that they are accepting offers, but I don't know what a Binder is, how to get one, or how to view another person's Binder.

When I click on the Binders tab in the Deck Builder, regardless of whether I click "For Trade" or "Wanted", nothing happens.

Perhaps I'm not doing something right...?

You have to drag cards into your binder for them to show up in the "For Trade" or "Wanted" areas. There is a bug with binders where cards "leak" out after you exit the game, but in theory they should remain there. To view another person's binder, you simply start a new trade and click the dropdown to find the desired player of whom you want to view's binder. You click the cards or packs sections, and can use the filters to differentiate between cards like you do when building a deck.

Most regular users won't have anything in their binder, but those that do, you'll be able to see what they've marked for trade as well as what they want. In order to propose a trade to someone, you'll have to add what you want to get from them into the trade area based upon what they have marked as "for trade". You won't be able to try to acquire anything from their collection unless they have explicitly put it into their binder.

Your binder works the same way. Anything you put in there and mark as "for trade", people can view and send you offers (they do not have to offer you something on your wanted list, they can offer anything they have, but any card or pack they want from you MUST be marked by you as up for trade).

Hope that helps a little bit.

EDIT: Also here's the official thread from the Profs on binders:

http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/tcg-online-trading-26/topics/don-t-give-away-your-cards-binders-vs-public-offer?page=1#post-137273

Ah, alright. I understand how this works now.

The only part that still confuses me a bit is that on the "New Trade" screen, when I go to select a partner to check their binder, a lot of the people's names in the "Offers > Public" screen don't appear in the "New Trade > Getting From? > Select Partner" dropdown menu.

It'd be nice if there was an easier way to find which people in the dropdown menu actually had a binder, instead of clicking on each person, one at a time, to see if any cards appeared on the top screen for trade.

Ah, alright. I understand how this works now.

The only part that still confuses me a bit is that on the "New Trade" screen, when I go to select a partner to check their binder, a lot of the people's names in the "Offers > Public" screen don't appear in the "New Trade > Getting From? > Select Partner" dropdown menu.

It'd be nice if there was an easier way to find which people in the dropdown menu actually had a binder, instead of clicking on each person, one at a time, to see if any cards appeared on the top screen for trade.

For some reason, the list of people you can trade with on the "Select Partner" dropdown lists all names in alphabetical order for names that start with capital letters, then after that, it does lowercase names in alphabetical. No idea why this is the case, but if you scroll down far enough you'll see that.

Another thing is that if you make a public trade offer, you don't need to be online for the trade to be accepted. So some people you see making offers may have gone offline after they put the trade up.

Archived