suggestion for a psy basic hard hitter?

AriesDante

Does it exist? Almost every other color got a good basic in B&W except may be psy and dark may be? Is there anything in psy that is a good basic hitter? I honestly can't think of any. Something that cause a special condition, on the other hand, I can think of a few. I even tried a search on it but still can't come up with anything. Sigilyph is close but only 90hp is not enough to stand a hit. The 3 energy 40 dmg base won't help much against big hitter. So, anything else you can think of? Mew doesn't work since once you are active you have to waste a turn putting a card in lost zone.

Does it exist? Almost every other color got a good basic in B&W except may be psy and dark may be? Is there anything in psy that is a good basic hitter? I honestly can't think of any. Something that cause a special condition, on the other hand, I can think of a few. I even tried a search on it but still can't come up with anything. Sigilyph is close but only 90hp is not enough to stand a hit. The 3 energy 40 dmg base won't help much against big hitter. So, anything else you can think of? Mew doesn't work since once you are active you have to waste a turn putting a card in lost zone.

Besides Mewtwo, there really isn't one at all. Many psychic types tend to rely on inflicting status conditions on your opponents (Muk, Jirachi, Crobat Prime, Gengar Prime for a unique way to win) for small energy requirements rather than deal heavy damage. The only exception to this is Victini with V-blast, but with a measly 60 hp and the requirement of getting 2 heads, it's really not worth it unless you have a Fliptini on the bench.

Darkness is probably even worse. Absol is decent thanks to its ability, but beyond that there's really nothing as far as basics go. (Not to mention it's attack forces you to throw one of your Pokemon into the Lost Zone).

You don't necessarily have to waste a turn with Mew to put something in the Lost Zone. There are other ways. (I can't remember them all because I've never played Mewbox.)

ahhh.. mewtwo makes it all better now. 2 in the psy deck and they became the perfect tankers even up againt the EX dragons. Now only if they would bring back the Darkrai Lv X so I can have a better dark deck LOL.

Don't worry, the next set will drastically advance your Dark deck.

But yeah, Mewtwo EX is the best Psychic Basic for sheer damage at the moment. Just watch out; you don't want to put it in a position where it's just a free 2 prizes for your opponent.

• 1 month later...

if you dont own a mewtwo ex another option is a counter deck still using psychic my counter deck at the moment is v-blast victinis and the victory star victinis and it works really well with crushing hammers, lost removers, junk arms, eviolites, defenders and recycles.

if you did want to try a mewbox deck you could rely on your opponent playing a mime jr and sleepy losting pokemon ready for mew, one problem with mewbox is the stadium lost world as the opponent can win as soon as you have 6 pokemon in there so i would reccomend the fliptini rather than a mewbox. :)

Archived