I'm wondering...

Mew_Dreamer

Hey, I'm new at the Pokèmon card game. Even though i been playing Pokèmon games since Pokèmon Silver came out and I've been collecting Pokèmon cards since then also. I decided i was going to start a deck and battle with it. I have made a deck and i was wonder what the rules for the card game. I only know a few of them, and maybe a few tips for making an awesome deck.

There's tutorials on here that explain all of the rules, ad for a good deck, you're probably going to want to go with cards from BW up, because they aren't likely to be discontinued any time soon. Just buy a starter deck and build off of that.

Certain cards (Rare Candy, Double Colorless Energy, Basic Energy cards, Plus Powers, Defenders and others) are "recycled" within the game, having the same purpose as the previous card and do not need a reference. Cards that do not have the exact same purpose but are the same card (Pokemon Center that is coming out in Next Destinies and the card Pokemon Center from Base Set) can be used, but need a reference from an official source.

Archived