Friend Battles And Tounaments (will these ever happen?)

Kevin_H

Hello, I have a some questions about some stuff and i was hoping some one would like to help me.

I was reading the Upcoming Features thread and I noticed thats there is something said about friend battles.

is there any thing that will come up like that in the next month or 2?

Also with that being said is there any way that the tounament tabs are going to be unlocked? ever since PTCGO has been online overall (closed and open to all players) there was a tab that says Tounaments and it is locked and I noticed in this thread http://www.pokemontcg.com/forums/faqs-24/topics/tournaments-faq?page=1#post-39156 here it has a picture of the tounament tabs unlocked and it has how to do tounaments. So is the tounaments ever going to be unlocked or did I get in to PTCGO for nothing? I mean i really enjoy the game but the whole pupose was to compete in tounaments. so any word on these 2 things?

The game is still in beta, and whilst its certainly been a lengthy open beta the tournament feature will probably wait until full release. Hopefully being able to play with friends comes out sooner though.

It would be great if we were given the sort of timeframe expected for the full release.

anyone else have a say? i'm trying to figure out whats going on...

Well here it is in a nutshell.

They have no income solely based from this website.........soooooo........ They aren't going to hurry anything. Can be a good thing, can be a bad thing. Open beta for this site....... has taken an awfully long time. Most OPEN betas are very few in months. This is just ridonculously long. I've taken parts in plenty of betas of my years of life. This is by far the longest of anyone that I have played.

Because they open this website, give you everything you want... it really does increase their revenue. So if it isn't going to increase your revenue.. no point in actually trying hard and meeting deadlines.. But meh... whatever.

There really isn't anything that would make me purchase more cards in real life because they released a feature on site? Or atleast I cannot phathom a feature they would release that would make me go OOOOOOOhhhh. I need to go buy more cards so I can play more on line. I buy cards to play at home with my kids. I wish there was a league near where I live and not 40 minutes away.. Oh well.

I only started playing a few weeks ago, but all I can confirm is that most of the hardcore players I've spoken to have already become disheartened with PTCGO's lack of ability to play with friends and given up, which is sad. Even if they don't introduce official tournaments for a while, at least give us the ability to select who we play and add friends while they are offline, and we can make our own tournaments. I have a PTCGO community on Reddit and would go as far as to offer up codes as prizes for my own private tournament, but there is just no way to organize this as no one can reliably play each other! This along with the numerous bugs that have remained unfixed for months have scared away most hardcore Pokemon TCG players who had really hoped this game could be something amazing. The good news is there is still time to turn it around, but they will have to change their priorities quite quickly.

Personally I feel a bit more effort should be put into giving competitive players what they want, since these are the people who will be buying 50 booster codes, not casual younger players. As someone getting back into Pokemon and having not played any games since Pokemon Red, I really want to see PTCGO succeed. But they need to start treating PTCGO more like Magic and less like a kid's game or they will lose me and all older players and end up with an empty shell of a site where something amazing and highly profitable could have been.

Hey there!

Sorry for the tournament confusion! Allow me to explain why the screenshots and FAQ are available for tournaments. Way back when, we did open up tournaments for everyone, but the function began to have some issues and we had to use an ice beam on it. Since then we have set our focus elsewhere and aim to have tournaments available after version 2 or in the full release so that situation does not happen again. We know players are looking forward to it though along with friend battles and will post any new information we have regarding it when we can!

Stay cool!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

Need to report a bug or an issue? Submit a ticket to support.pokemon.com!

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

- Vash the Stampede

Hey there!

Sorry for the tournament confusion! Allow me to explain why the screenshots and FAQ are available for tournaments. Way back when, we did open up tournaments for everyone, but the function began to have some issues and we had to use an ice beam on it. Since then we have set our focus elsewhere and aim to have tournaments available after version 2 or in the full release so that situation does not happen again. We know players are looking forward to it though along with friend battles and will post any new information we have regarding it when we can!

Stay cool!

Prof. Snow

Parasol Lady

<fck:hr>

Need to report a bug or an issue? Submit a ticket to support.pokemon.com!

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

- Vash the Stampede

</fck:hr>

ok when were they opened cause i have played since it started and it kept saying tounaments comming soon.and ok what is Version 2? is that delta or what?

Archived