A cool new Idea!

Link8417

Okay, you may think not, and I don't like spammers, but maybe. JUST MAYBE! We, (By we I mean I) can create a form of LifeDex. Where you take a picture of an object, the device scans it, and then it pulls up a dictionary entry on that object! For Example: Ice, the solid form of water. Water turns into ice at 0* Celcius. Most commonly used to cool drinks and food.

©Sal Co.

What I mean about spammers is people who are like "I don't think that's possible." "Nope, You can't do it." Blah blah blah. Pretty much what I mean't was I don't like Negative Comments.

What I mean about spammers is people who are like "I don't think that's possible." "Nope, You can't do it." Blah blah blah. Pretty much what I mean't was I don't like Negative Comments.

Then what the hell was the point of putting a topic for it if you don't want anything bad aganist it? Of course people are going to be critical about ideas- every idea has people aganist it.

I would want to bring to points on which the ideas fails:

1) I'm sure you are aware of this, but there a flippin trillions of things in the world. People aren't just going to "scan" in a few everday items-they are going to scan objects that are more complex and maybe hardly anyone has seen.

2) I know people say a lot of the human race is going to get dumber, but do people really need a device to tell them what an item is? Take your example of Ice- people aren't going to just stand there, take a picture and get a machine to tell them that it is frozen water, they'll just ask someone what it is. And who doesn't know what ice is? You grow up learning what objects are, not for some machine to tell you. And if they would want to "find out" about the object, they either look in a book, or on the internet.

3) This wouldn't be some walk in the park- if you were to even do this, the equipment need wouldn't be complicated, but expensive. The amount of entries for items would be a 24/7 hour job. Plus, would it only be objects? What about words and phrases? What about structures? How much information would you put about the object? If it's just the amount on the description on the example of ice, then people are not going to use it- they would need something more complicated, stating structure, type of bonding, not facts you learn when you're 6.

Sure, it would be a "cool" way of looking up stuff, but it simply isn't need. Todays technology people can use, it's mainly hassle free, it can be accssed 24/7, and the imformation is always there.

By the way, a spammer is someone who posts a lot with no really intellectual depth. Not some who posts negative comments. That's just called being human.

Okay, you may think not, and I don't like spammers, but maybe. JUST MAYBE! We, (By we I mean I) can create a form of LifeDex. Where you take a picture of an object, the device scans it, and then it pulls up a dictionary entry on that object! For Example: Ice, the solid form of water. Water turns into ice at 0* Celcius. Most commonly used to cool drinks and food.

©Sal Co.

sounds like a great idea jk, naw wth is this

Archived