Advice for a newcomer, please?

EyesDimTonight

Hi there,

So I found this place a couple of days ago, and ended up buying a HS Undaunted Prime box that arrived earlier today. I know the rules and how to play the tcg, as I used to play as a child, but being so young at that point, building decks didn't really interest me. Now, I'm quite intrigued by the idea.

I bought the Daybreak box, which consisted of the theme deck, 3 boosters, Espeon Prime and the Oddish-Gloom-Bellossom evolution chain. Now, I'm just wondering what to do with the booster credits. Is it best to stick with undaunted boosters, if I want to work with this deck as a base, or is it better to go for something else?

Hi there,

So I found this place a couple of days ago, and ended up buying a HS Undaunted Prime box that arrived earlier today. I know the rules and how to play the tcg, as I used to play as a child, but being so young at that point, building decks didn't really interest me. Now, I'm quite intrigued by the idea.

I bought the Daybreak box, which consisted of the theme deck, 3 boosters, Espeon Prime and the Oddish-Gloom-Bellossom evolution chain. Now, I'm just wondering what to do with the booster credits. Is it best to stick with undaunted boosters, if I want to work with this deck as a base, or is it better to go for something else?

Well, Vileplume is found in a few decks. A non-top tier, but otherwise quite fun deck is Leafeon/Roserade/Espeon Prime/Vileplume (Sometimes + houndoom prime) If you go that way, the best way to get your staple Trainers and such is with packs of Call Of Legends.

Call of legends also contains Jolteon, Leafeon, Umbreon, Espeon (non prime), Flareon, and Vaporeon.

<div id="swiffout"> </div>

Thank you for the reply, Blarger. Vileplume's not found in the Call of Legends boosters, then? Do you have any idea where it can be found, other than in theme decks? I'd rather not buy another grass-based deck if at all possible, but will if I have to. I suppose I could try trading for it, once I've opened a few boosters. Would you recomend not including Bellossom then, if Vileplume is to be included?

I like the idea of the Eevee evolutions, since regardless of which I find, they can be used for different decks. I'll use my three booster credits for Call of Legends boosters then, and see where I need to go from there. Thank you for the help, and I'll welcome any other opinions/options!

Thank you for the reply, Blarger. Vileplume's not found in the Call of Legends boosters, then? Do you have any idea where it can be found, other than in theme decks? I'd rather not buy another grass-based deck if at all possible, but will if I have to. I suppose I could try trading for it, once I've opened a few boosters. Would you recomend not including Bellossom then, if Vileplume is to be included?

Vileplume is in the Undaunted set. You can look here for lists, including pictures, of what cards are in each set:

http://pkmncards.com/sets/

Keep in mind only cards from the Black/White and Heartgold/Soulsilver are legal.

I like the idea of the Eevee evolutions, since regardless of which I find, they can be used for different decks. I'll use my three booster credits for Call of Legends boosters then, and see where I need to go from there. Thank you for the help, and I'll welcome any other opinions/options!

Call of Legends is generally considered to be the weakest set. I would advise against opening any packs from there since only a few cards are playable. You're much better off just trading for any wanted cards in that set.

Archived