Need some general help

Neverlight

Hi!

I played pokemon like when it started, when the first cards came out. But haven't looked at it anymore when alot of more sets came out.

Now I just got my eye on this site and signed up. Bought some codes on ebay and inserted it.

Problem is, I try to get my information around here. But it all rather confusing for me. I know the basicls of play, but have no idea of value. Also I do not know what cards I can use...I see half cards (legends?) and don't know how to work. I see a support card bill (draw 2 cards), but I see a card support that leds you draw 3 cards. That means the first one is rather useless to have right?

Any chance someone can add me on a messenger like msn to get me started with some basic stuff?

Thanks!

Hey there Neverlight! You have quite a few questions, and I will try my best to answer them. The very first thing I would suggest is to go to the TCGO Beta and try playing a few games, there is no better way to gain knowledge than actually experiencing the game firsthand. Legend cards require a top half and a bottom half to play (2 seperate cards). Once you have both pieces, you can put it into play and it acts as a normal card. A Bill support card draws 2 cards, whereas a Cheren Support Card draws 3. The only reason why players would have a Bill is because its a common card and is part of the basic 4 decks every player gets/unlocks. Any other questions can typically be answered here: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-trading-card-game/ Good luck and enjoy the game!

Hi!

Thanks for the response. I played some games, and the way of play is clear to me.

There are many different type of cards, and some seem very strange with chinese letters. I wonder, can I just put any kind of card in my deck and play with it? Is there no limit? Or is it limited to what booster packs you can get with booster credits?

I heard something about modified legal...is this a deck with certain restricitions for tournament play? Do I have to get a modified legal deck to play online in upcoming tournaments, if there are any?

Moreover, is there an easy way to get hold of the values of each card, so I can trade my cards for cards I want, without offering too much?

Many questions I know! :)

Thanks!

Greetings!

Some of those cards, the ukown lithograph cards, are legal in tournament play. But if you're talking about using foreign cards, like Japanese cards, I would consult your legue for the specifics about that.

Modified decks are consiting of anything from the HGSS series to current releases. The online game currently reflects modified format, but may change in time. We will announce that when the time comes. As far as the value of the cards, those are purely determined by the player base and TPCi has no input on what cards are "worth" only the rarity of them.

Thanks!

Prof Proto

Centurion Moderator

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition, giving up makes it permanent."

Archived