TCG is becoming over dominated by basic pokemon

heavyarms55

It's funny that people say "don't worry about it, remember Haymaker?" That just means that Pokemon TCG had almost 15 years to get it right and they never did. Maybe some of the in-between sets had a little less powerful basics. I don't remember basics being too powerful in the first EX sets, and the EX pokemon back then actually had beatable HPs (except Wailord but his attack got weaker with damage) and you had a lot of pokemon that could actually counter EX. But today, Pokemon is going back to the days where just basics with not a lot of strategy can completely destroy a deck that requires strategy to set up. How much strategy does it take to put a Mewtwo EX as your first pokemon and then just keep adding DCE to it?

Anyone who really feels strongly about it, just resign every game where you see these cards played. Forget about ratings, they only measure who plays the most powerful basic pokemon now, instead of who plays the best strategy. Maybe if they see that people aren't actually playing games anymore they'll do something about it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah in all reality the new EX pokemon are far too strong. So now it's about how much money your gonna shell out to get these over the top cards instead of working on a deck with a full strategy. I just wouldn't get the same feeling out of winning that way, card games are supposed to be strategy not just play crazy cards and sit doing the same attack each turn. I've been playing less and less because of it, and I hope they fix this with either a limit or something. I miss the old days of pokemon...

Archived