Is Volcarona a legendary pokemon?

IdiotTrainer

I just caught Volcarona and was wondering if it's a legendary pokemon or not. Also, don't say 'it can breed plus it has pre-evolution so its not legendary' because everyone know Zoroark's a somewhat new legendary pokemon/including pre-evolution and it can breed.

Somehow I think it's not legendary but if it wasn't, couldn't we just encounter it in the wild? Not in the last chamber of the Relic Castle and where one of the seven sages was there as well?(He got arrested or something.)

I'm thinking Volcarona's a legendary pokemon. What does anyone else think?

He's not and neither is Zoroark. They are what you could call signature pokemons. Pokemon in limited numbers like Lapras and snorlax were in first gen, sudowoodo in second, etc...

This is one of those moments when I wish I had Pokemon Black or Pokemon White to understand what everyone is talking about. However, it seems to me that this Volcarona is a legendary Pokemon. When you battled it, did it have any unusual battle music?

EDIT: Sorry, I saw the message above AFTER I typed in mine.

He's not and neither is Zoroark. They are what you could call signature pokemons. Pokemon in limited numbers like Lapras and snorlax were in first gen, sudowoodo in second, etc...

Okay. Thanks for comfirming this. I'm understanding now, since Luccario wasn't a legendary in the 4th gen.

Wow. Just one post and it ends a whole topic. This sucks. D8

Edit: Yeah, it's a bit weird since it's LV.70 and it had a small moving sprite. Usaully, only legendary pokemon are high leveled and include a sprite that's required for you to "talk" too. Excluding the Zoroark and the Victini event, where it wasn't going to be given for everyone.(Wifi for Victni and shiny Entei, Raikou, etc.)

Volcarona isn't legendary, but it is considered one of the best Pokemon to come out of this gen. You can get an egg earlier in the game that gives you its pre-evolution (The name escapes me at the moment,) taking the sea-route left from the starting town.

Volcarona's only real problem is that Stealth Rock is everywhere. If you use it, you have to lead with it, or when you switch it in it'll take 4x damage from Stealth Rocks and lose half its HP on the spot.

This is one of those moments when I wish I had Pokemon Black or Pokemon White to understand what everyone is talking about. However, it seems to me that this Volcarona is a legendary Pokemon. When you battled it, did it have any unusual battle music?

EDIT: Sorry, I saw the message above AFTER I typed in mine.

Waiting for Pokemon gray like me?

i'm still using using the japanese version but my level one hundred Volcarona (the firey moth thing) had Butterfly dance (up speed, sp atk and sp def by 2 points) bug buzz, psychic and the fire move it learns at level 100, forgot the name of it though.

i hope in the card game it's a fire type, but if it's a grass type, i can use it with my Jumpluff deck!

Archived