Sign in to follow this  
NintenDuck

The Duck Pond Q&A Service!

NintenDuck

Boy, this place has been inactive for a long time! *blows the dust off of the thread*

Victory-Hunter

Duck, if you're going to be training a Solosis, is Modest a good Nature? And any suggestions for a moveset?

NintenDuck

Yes, Modest is a good Nature. Here's what Smogon came up with:

Reuniclus (holding a Life Orb)

Ability: Magic Guard

EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Sp. Atk./ 6 Speed

Nature: Modest

• Psycho Shock/Psychic
  • Focus Blast
  • Shadow Ball
  • Recover/Thunder Wave/Thunder/Grass Knot/Energy Ball

LordCoobreedan

No, it is for both North American and PAL regions, as well as a nearly identical event having been released in Japan.

Will it be availible in the UK?

NintenDuck

Yes, Victini. The PAL region includes the UK, so don't worry. wink_smile.png

Metoro

Ive already caught 2 shiny pokemon in my white version. Maractus (now lv 57) and Archen (now lvl 77 Archeops)

Each of them was obtained trough masuda method, and each of them took about 30 boxes filled with eggs until the party begun. Now im gonna search for a 3rd one =D.....but which one should i pick among all b/w pokemon? I want it to fit with maractus and Archeops in some way... So im thinking of the following alternatives: Tirtouga, Yamask, sandile, larvesta, Sigilyth (with "stored power" egg move), scraggy (with "dragon dance" egg move), Ferroseed (with "leach seed" eggmove"), and at last Venipede (with "toxic Spikes eggmove). Wich one would you recomend, and consider "coolest"? (Maybe i just should try chaining psyduck in pokemon platinum?) embarassed_smile.png

----------------------- thanks almighty duck regular_smile.png

NintenDuck

The Medusa Method is VERY useful for getting shinies, even though it's made them just a little less elusive. Anyway, as Scolipede is considered a very handy Baton Passer, I would choose either that one or Larvesta since they are pretty good with competitive battling in the first place, and having a Shiny one would make the offers for it even higher. However, Pokemon such as Zorua and the starters (sans for Snivy, since most people that didn't choose it are most likely waiting to get one with Contrary) are saught after on the GTS as well!

PokelegendXP

Dear Nintenduck:

What are the dangers of the Bad Egg and how can I get rid of it?

Thanks,

Legend ~

Litwickfan11

Duck, What is the Chance of Getting of Getting Rugged Mountain in the Dream World?

NintenDuck

Let's see, assuming you haven't unlocked Windswept Sky or Sparkling Sea, and obviously having not been able to get the Pokemon Cafe Forest, you have a 1/3 chance each time you enter the Island of Dreams. If you're in the wrong area, simply exit and re-enter. You can only do this so many times before the areas will start becoming devoid of items and wild Pokemon, but all you need to do to fix that is wake up your sleeping Pokemon and tuck it in again.

Daykora75

Duck,

Should I make sure with Arune that I can post on Plot or do you think I am able to?... I figured that you would know out of the people that are usually on... sorry that this isn't related to Pokemon... Though I do have a question about Pokemon!

Is Sassy or Modest a good nature for Musharna?

Litwickfan11

Well, I get a pattern

PF,SM,PF,SM,PF or SM,PF or SM, RM? That's what I have been getting for the last Couple of days.....

NintenDuck

@Day: Arune is perfectly fine with non-members posting, so long as they can stay well-behaved. Since you don't really spam, I'd say you're fine. As for Musharna, seeing as it doesn't have much Speed it can spare and it's Sp. Atk stat is higher than it's Sp. Def., I'd go with Modest. However, it all comes down to how you're gonna use it.

@Lit: No idea what you're talking about. tounge_smile.png

Daykora75

Oh. Okay!

I think RM stands for Rugged Mountains, PF stands for Pleasant Forest, and SM is for Spooky Manor...

Litwickfan11

Eeyup. Shoulds I replace my Chandelure with a Sludge Wave DW Gastly?

NintenDuck

It all depends on personal preference. If you like faster Pokemon, go with Gengar. If you prefer slightly more powerful Pokemon that doesn't have the luxury of agile movement, go with Chandelure. The latter has a higher base stat total and Sp. Atk, by the way.

Litwickfan11

I know, 130 Sp.A with Sludge wave, or 145 Sp.a with Heat Wave?

bohan

im still trying to get a bagon, never can find one :(

NintenDuck

How many Dream Points do you have? You need to have at least 10000 in order to be able to find any Bagon.

Litwickfan11

True, I need my Heat Wave Sugma!

Duck,

Why does it take a while to use the Dreamworld.

NintenDuck

It takes a while to use the Dream World in order to avoid the server from crashing due to too much traffic, so everyone can only do an hour a day.

(In other news, with Pokemon Shipwreck, ever notice how Jenny and the other cops don't take off their hats for a funeral? I'm pretty sure those officers would get in trouble for that sort of thing in RL!)

Litwickfan11

Ahh. I wish they would allow us more time, having one pokemon being sent at a time Sucks.

NintenDuck

Well, it has to support the ENTIRETY of the world, not just us English-speaking countries, so it makes perfect sense.

Litwickfan11

Well, they need a better system for going to locations. I rather have you can got to x location for y amount of times and wait z number of hours before being able to go to that laction again. It would help a Lot when going to the Dream World

Sign in to follow this