Sign in to follow this  
NintenDuck

The Duck Pond Q&A Service!

NintenDuck

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQx83kWLOGvYgcoEZMzHW2_mTTjGJfwpagisozfsafM3yO_szi4dg

Ever felt like this?

Yes! This thread is a hotline to me, NintenDuck! Basically, it works like an "Ask ___" service, where you can ask me anything* you don't quite understand with the Pokemon TCGO, Trainer's Challenge, or just general Pokemon stuff!

wink_smile.png

Let the questions commence! =D

The Duck-tor is: IN

regular_smile.png)

iluvpizza12345

Do you know a good way to train up your pokemon fast and easy without actually training them or rare candies? If you can't do so in pearl that fast, then, how many candies are in the game and where do you find them in pokemon pearl?

NintenDuck

The best way to do so is to use the Exp. Share item whilst rebattling the Elite Four or using the VS. Seeker for normal trainers. If you're into competitive battling, it's best to battle only certain Pokemon that yield specific Effort Values, seen here.

Lucario188

...it's best to battle only certain Pokemon that yield specific Effort Values, seen here.

I am interested in learing about effort values, but that link didn't work.

NintenDuck

It's fixed, thanks for the heads up! wink_smile.png

SlayerAbsol

Duck-tor? What do you think would be a good topic to write about in my editorial?

g4g

Whatsoever pokemon is better than garchomp, Duckkk-tor

cyndaquil5675

What is the best two pokemon to breed in my black at the pokemon dare care center out of mamoswine magnemite, zoura, tympole, piudove, munna, igglypuff, yama, and litwick?

NintenDuck

Wow! A sudden stream of questions! I'll answer them one at a time.

@Slayer: Well, since you just wrote about your problems with B/W, and seeing as Pop's is similar in that he talks about what they should add in B/W's third version, my personal suggestion that you could talk about the steady progression of the balance (or imbalance) in the mechanics of the Pokemon games. For instance, there's the addition of Steel and Dark to counter the originally overpowered Psychic, the introduction of Abilities and Natures, to flesh out the metagame along with the introduction of double battles, then the Physical/Special split, and finally the introduction of Triple Battles, Rotational Battles, and Hidden Abilities. At least that's my 2¢.

@G4G: It really depends on what you mean by "better than". Obviously, type advantages can really make a difference, so Ice-types can be stronger at times. If you're going by base stats, there are still plenty of Pokemon with a higher base stat total than Garchomp's 600, most are Legendaries, but, suprisingly enough, Slaking also has a higher BST. In short, yes there are Pokemon stronger than Garchomp, as it all depends on multiple factors and plain ol' luck. teeth_smile.png

@Cyndaquil: If you're going for trades, I'd say Zorua and Litwick, since the former can only be obtained by transferring either the event Celebi or by breeding the Zoroark if you tranferred one of the Shiny Legendary Beasts, also from an event. I chose the latter because I keep seeing people wanting Timid or Modes Chandelures, so if a Litwick has one of those Natures, you're in luck. It really all depends on personal preference and what you want them for.

I hope I helped everyone!

SlayerAbsol

I no understand a word you just said..... Ummmm....................... 0.o I reveiw graphics, design, and story wise. I don't focus a lot on certain tiny aspects that have been there the whole time. I may just write about Steven and Cynthia if I can't think of anything.

NintenDuck

Any more questions?

PokelegendXP

What's the fastest way for increasing EV's?

NintenDuck

Why, holding certain items and KOing only specific Pokemon, of course! Here's an article about EV training in B/W. wink_smile.png

PokelegendXP

Why, holding certain items and KOing only specific Pokemon, of course! Here's an article about EV training in B/W. wink_smile.png

Oh, great! Thanks! :D

NintenDuck

Anytime. regular_smile.png

Litwickfan11

Duck, What is a great partner for this team?

DroughtTails, Arcanine, Solarbolt Castform, Chandelure, and Whimsicott

NintenDuck

I'd put something else with an Ability that has positive effects from bright sunlight, like a Leaf Guard Tangrowth or a Cherrim. I'm not normally much for competitive battling, but that's my 2¢. wink_smile.png

Litwickfan11

Alright, thanks

Centrix

Sometimes when I ev train the pokemons stat doesn't go up for like ten battles then suddenly it gains 2 or 3 in that stat do you know why?

cyndaquil5675

Dear ninduck

Would you go with psyduck or golduck as your partner for this thread?

NintenDuck

Well, I'm back! Anyway, since Centrix's isn't exactly a question, I'll answer Cyndaquil's. Well, I haven't really thought of a mascot for this thread, but, as this thread IS a Q&A, I think I'll go with Psyduck and it's constantly puzzled expression. tounge_smile.png

Daykora75

Dear NintenDuck,

How can a person obtain a lot of Poke in the Pokemon video games besides battling a lot of trainers?

NintenDuck

By "Poke", I'm assuming you mean Pokemon Dollars, the official currency of the humans in the Pokemon world. "Poke" is the legal tender of the Pokemon themselves. Anyway, the best way to get a lot of money without battling trainers is to use Pay Day. It's not a very effiecient method, however, but, if the Pokemon's level is high enough, you can get a maximum of wink_smile.png

Daykora75

Thanks! (... sorry... I thought Poke was the term for it as well... I guess the website was wrong...)

NintenDuck

It's okay. It's a common mistake, as "Pokemon Dollars" was only used in Pokemon Colosseum and XD, so very few know the official term.

Sign in to follow this