10 booster credits, what packs to get?

Yarcofin

I have 10 booster credits and was just wondering what booster packs to get, do certain packs have certain energy type pokemon in them or the "best" pokemon or are they all a random mix? Should I get a couple bundles? What is the newest series in case of rotation in the future? Are there any new series about to be released that I should wait for instead?

SO far the bundle are going the best thing to buy so far while NV packs are the best pack to buy. Can I please have one of your packs

I have 10 booster credits and was just wondering what booster packs to get, do certain packs have certain energy type pokemon in them or the "best" pokemon or are they all a random mix? Should I get a couple bundles? What is the newest series in case of rotation in the future? Are there any new series about to be released that I should wait for instead?

Well, depends on what you want. You could get HGSS-Triumphant to get Primes, but if a rotation does happen/they have a modified format where most play, you won't be able to play Primes. If you want to be on the safe side, you can get BW-on (though I caution getting BW as not too many good cards are in it, so get either Emerging Powers or Noble Victories.). Or you could wait until Next Destinies comes out (February 8th) and buy those packs which have EX cards and other new cards (new doesn't always mean better.). Well, it all depends on what deck you want. So, first figure that out and then check out the cards.

By the way, Primes are stronger versions of certain Pokemon. You may want to buy Unleashed packs and HGSS packs to attempt to get Double Colorless Energies, Pokemon Collector, and Rare Candies (very helpful cards IMO).

A good way to do this would probably be to get 6 Emerging Powers or Noble Victories (so that you can have cards that are able to be played if a rotation occurs) and 2 Unleashed and 2 HGSS (equal chances of getting a rare candy, DCE, and collectors).

Basically I don't think I'll be spending any more money on the game than I already have, and just want to get a somewhat decent deck with what I've already got, which will allow me to compete in Expert games.... whether that means throwing together a deck with the 100 cards in my packs, or trading my way up for more cards. Trading is probably the better option in the long-run but will take more work, so in that case I'd want the most cards that I can trade for multiple other cards or even more boosters.

I'd prefer to make a grass deck but don't want to buy a physical theme deck to get it started, so my energy type will mostly be determined by what I get in the boosters as well. I'll play mostly based around the hand I'm dealt ;)

DUDE DONT USE THEM TILL 19TH THE NEW SET NEXT DESTINIES IS COMING AND IT GT THE BEST CARDS TILL NOW SO W8 TILL THEN AND BUY ALL!!! NEXT DESTINIES IT GOT THE BEST CARDS!!

Basically I don't think I'll be spending any more money on the game than I already have, and just want to get a somewhat decent deck with what I've already got, which will allow me to compete in Expert games.... whether that means throwing together a deck with the 100 cards in my packs, or trading my way up for more cards. Trading is probably the better option in the long-run but will take more work, so in that case I'd want the most cards that I can trade for multiple other cards or even more boosters.

I'd prefer to make a grass deck but don't want to buy a physical theme deck to get it started, so my energy type will mostly be determined by what I get in the boosters as well. I'll play mostly based around the hand I'm dealt ;)

Well, Triumphant can give you good cards for trade (A chance at getting Electrode and Magnezone Prime), but if you are looking at getting certain grass type cards that are useful (Serperior, Vileplume, and Shaymin), then you will have to try your luck out. Serperior (ability) can be found in Black and White Packs, Vileplume in Undaunted, and Shaymin in Unleashed. Those are the few that I know are useful and are used in decks. I don't know of others. You could use the credits to get packs that people want (allowing you to get good cards).

DUDE DONT USE THEM TILL 19TH THE NEW SET NEXT DESTINIES IS COMING AND IT GT THE BEST CARDS TILL NOW SO W8 TILL THEN AND BUY ALL!!! NEXT DESTINIES IT GOT THE BEST CARDS!!

This is my thought right now, but I hate that I'll need to wait nearly a month :(

It will be best for trades I think because the brand new cards will be very desirable and everyone will want to trade for them.

Do booster packs have energy cards in them, because right now I don't have any energy except colourless, fire, water, grass, electric? So if I get a lot of good strength/psychic/whatever cards I won't be able to use them

I thought energy are free in the online game no? At least that is what I read but last time when I built a deck it says my deck was not legal and it was the energy causing it. I forgot what I did.. may be click on finish or something it kinda automatically fixed it for me.

I have never seen a basic energy in booster pack I got online. I bought about 10 and 6 more from the HSS theme decks. I wish there is a way to get a particular card code like I do for the real cards. There are some but not a lot.

I would rather pay a little bit more instead of betting on my luck on getting one in booster or getting someone to trade me. I don't think cards I put up for trade will be wanted by anyone. They all probably have 10 times more than I do LOL.

Do booster packs have energy cards in them, because right now I don't have any energy except colourless, fire, water, grass, electric? So if I get a lot of good strength/psychic/whatever cards I won't be able to use them

You have an unlimited amount of basic energy cards. The only energy you have to pull from packs is Rescue Energy, Double Colorless Energy, Special Metal Energy, and Special Darkness Energy. You can pull energy with different artwork in some packs (Call of Legends, HGSS, Black & White) but if you just want energy to use in decks then you can use the basic, free ones.

Ah, I do have unlimited basic energy in the deck builder, I thought I was missing some and it only came with my basic decks but apparently not. Just lacking the special energy then like Idon said, so guess I just won't be using those

Archived