The Pokemon Times

popandbop

This is a newspaper devoted to Pokemon! I will make a new edition every day at about 3:00-4:00 pm CST. Also, all information is for American Games. If you want info for foreign lauguages, ask and I'll get details for you. :)

The Pokemon Times:

Volume 1, Edition 5 4/30/12

News:

Your source for all the breaking news in Pokemon!

Global Link Down:

Starting June 5th, the Global Link will be down to revamp it for Black 2 and White 2. It will reopen June 21st. Art-related changes and the Global Trade Station feature will be implemented

Darkrai Distrubution Annouced:

A Darkrai will be distrubuted starting May 9th, to tye in with the release of Dark Explorers on the same date. nothing is know about moves or ability, but it will come "equipped with a powerful set of moves and a nightmarish ability"

2012 Spring Friendly Annouced:

The 2012 Spring Friendly is for all non-Japenese non-Korean games with a Global Link account. The rules are the same as the 2012 International Challenge. Registration begins of May 2nd and ends on May 9th, the tournament takes place on May 10th to May 14th.

Sources: Bulbapedia, Serebii

Ask Pop:

Ask me anything related to Pokemon! Need to find that one TM? Ask me! Need to find that one Pokemon to complete the National Dex? Ask me!

Dear Pop,

Can you get Flygon to learn Outrage without transferring it?

Litwickfan11

Hey Ice:

Unfortunatly, no. :(

Pop

Pokemon of the Week(PotW):

I will choose a random pokemon each week to rate, give potential movesets and set a tier. Want a pokemon to be rated? Comment below and ask!

Today's Pokemon is:

<a style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(0, 43, 184); background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; " href="http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/6/6b/637Volcarona.png">637Volcarona.png[/url]

Volcarona

Smogon Tier: OU

My Tier: OU

Volcanrona is a great special sweeper, with good dual STAB and Quiver Dance to boost it's Speed and Special stats. However, with 4x weakness to Stealth Rock and bad defenses, make sure you have a Spinner on hand. It also has a shallow movepool, so your forced to have some filler moves. However, this is a great Pokemon, and not to be underestimated.

Quiver Dancing:

Volcanrona Item: Life Orb/Leftovers

252 Speed 252 Sp. Att 4 HP

-Quiver Dance

-Bug Buzz

-Fiery Dance/Fire Blast

-Substitute/Hidden Power (Ground/Rock)/Psychic

Quiver Dance to boost up your stats, and then sweep with STAB Bug Buzz and one of the Fire Moves. Fiery Dance has 80 base power and a 50% chance of boosting your Sp. Att further and Fire Blast gives you power. Choose one, it dosen't really matter. As for the last move, Substitute can protect you from status, Hidden Power Ground hits Heatran, Hidden Power Rock is coverage, and Psychic is filler. I like Hidden Power Ground, but its your choice. Life Orb gives you power, but Leftovers makes it last longer.

Choice

Volcanrona Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

252 Speed 252 Sp. Att. 4 HP

-Bug Buzz

-Fiery Dance/Fire Blast

-Psychic

-Hidden Power (Ground/Rock)

Bug Buzz and a fire move for STAB. Psychic and Hidden Power are filler, and hit hard and fast with Scarf or Specs.

ChestoRest

Volcanrona Item: Chesto Berry

-Quiver Dance

-Rest

-Fire Blast/Fiery Dance

-Bug Buzz

Quiver Dance up, rest off the damage and sweep!

Card of the Week (CotW):

Similar to PotW, this is the Card of the Week. Request a card at bottom.

The first CotW is:

<a style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(0, 43, 184); background-image: none; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: initial; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; " href="http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/7/76/CleffaCallLegends24.jpg">CleffaCallLegends24.jpg[/url]

Cleffa!

Cleffa is a "baby" Pokemon, sharing the traits of the babies including no weakness, no resistance, no retreat cost and the Sweet Sleeping Face Poke-Body. It has one attack, Eeeeeeek for no energy. It says: "Shuffle your hand into your deck, then draw 6 cards. Cleffa is now Asleep." This activates Sweet Sleeping Face, and is a free PONT. This is a great starter, and almost every deck runs a copy or 2.

<div> </div>

Classified: Need buisness for your thread? Advertise here! 10 words for a common, 20 words for a uncommon, and 30 words for a rare.

Don't quite understand something Pokemon related? Try the Duck Pond!

Editorials:

Editorials are compiled by our writers, about many subjects.

* Means editors favorite

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Is Pokemon Truly Childish?*

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">SlayerAbsol<br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; " />

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Upon going to school this year, the main thing I find the problems with not even close to the homework. The main problem is being an outsider. While I do have my group of friends from past years, I find it awfully hard to acquire new ones. While many people my age, girls and boys, play video games, I have noticed something. Many seem to look down on games such as Pokemon or even Chess. If you have the tendency to wear Pokemon shirts to school, it isn't exactly easy to be popular.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Upon talking about that game, anyone besides my friends seem to give me odd looks. Some even work up the courage to ask me, "Why do I even bother with Pokemon?" I ask in return a simple "Why not?" And then the usually spill out some answer that varies depending on how much I intimidate them, but the word 'Childish' always seems to come across. I would have to agree that Pokemon may seem childish at first, but if you play long enough you tend not think about it. Pokemon is a Strategy-Based game, which is like many of the video games now dubbed to be only for little kids. So what it it isn't a First-Person Shooter? Just because you don't constantly run around and destroy things does not make a game pointless and childish.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Pokemon provides you to use your mind, not your single pointer finger. You need to plan out you party of six Pokemon, choose you attacks and use you status to your advantage. In Pokemon, you solve puzzles and fight your way to the top in a series if training, thinking, and planning. Not pressing buttons as soon as you see a person within twenty feet of you.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">I would have to say there are some unbelievable similarities, however. Both tend to repeat the same story features over again, but flavor them with new characters and enemies. This provides the players a feeling of solid foundation, and lets them know that they really are playing the game from their series. Another thing I noticed between the First-Person Shooters such a Call of Duty and Pokemon are that you are practically forced to fight with anyone who walks within twenty feet of you. Whether it is for survival or just getting out of a cave doesn't matter, what does is the fact that you have to defeat the enemy to continue the game.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">I am caught guilty in owning and playing both games, finding both fun and interesting in their own ways. Each do have their turn-offs, whether it be lack of story or lack of heart-racing action, I find Pokemon to stand right up there with games such as Halo. It just takes time to recognize the overall peace and thought you need to place in your mind when you play.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Therefore, I do conclude this editorial. After reading, I would hope you would have better faith in yourself during the times when people call you odd or weird for staying with Pokemon. After all, when in doubt, turn a Charizard on them.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">What I want to see in Grey:

by popandbop

Black and white, though great games, have many problems. First, theres no move tutors other than the ones for the Elemental Oaths, Draco Meteor and the Frenzy Plant/Hydro Cannon/Blast Burn trio. However, if this would happen, this add to the move pools of many pokemon, and many new sets and Pokemon would appear on the competitive battling scene. Look at Scizor. During D/P, it was a good pokemon, but after Platinum came out and it could learn Bullet Punch, it became top-tier OU. We need a Outrage tutor, a Dark Pulse tutor and other tutors. The Competitve scene after the release of Platinum was much livier than in D/P. The same thing could happen after Grey is released with tutors.

Second, being able to challenge the Gym Leaders again. This would allow for easier grinding to get to Lv. 100. I can tell you from experience that using the E4 and Audino to get to Lv. 100 is very hard. Gym leader's would give another option to grind.

Third, more options in the endgame. As Slayer said in her editorial, there is very little to do after battling Ghetis and exploring the eastern part of Unova. I only grind my team and battle the E4. I'm very bored because of this. We need post-game quests, like an extra area to explore. Daily quests could be good, i.e: "Go find me a Lv. 54 Gliscor and bring it to me" This is more incentive to keep playing.

Thank you for reading this.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Lit's Corner: Ruby and Sahppire remakes: What will be New, Returning, and Not.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">by Litwickfan11

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">. If the R/S/E remakes come this Gen, here is some of my Ideas. What should be new. If this game is to be compatable with B/W, we'll need new Protaganists, Story, and features. First, the protaganists most likly will be different, as Unova takes place at least five years after D/Pt/Hg/Ss. Most likely May will be the new Professor, and Branden the fifth gym leader. Maybe they could still have the begining the same. The story will be different too, maybe what Happened to N and how he revived both Aqua and Magma into one. Some new features would be nice too, like Revamped contests, as the Musicals were horrendous.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">What should return, and what should not. They should bring back Walking Pokemon, it was a fun thing to do. Maybe we could ride them also. Give us Move Tutors back, with old Tm moves as Tutor Moves. Also bring back the battle frontier. Some things that shouldened come back is the battle subway, Musicals, and the c-gear. The Frontier was a blast, and with a subway, it could ruin it. The musicals, like I said, were horrendous, and got boring very quickly. The c-gear is pretty much useless if you don't have anything friends, so why bother. Give us a revamped Pokenav. Also, make the dream world better.

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">A Poem, by Litwickfan11:

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; "><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Trebuchet, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; ">

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Silent Shadows:

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">I am the last one left standing, in this dark torrent

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">My Sins, weaving my very fate

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">I can only hope now

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">...

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Light has left

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Only leaving darkness

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">in it's wake

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">.....

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">I understand now

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">The approaching nightmare has come

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">and only I can stop it

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; " />

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">In order to atone for my sins.....

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">To save the knights in the nightmare

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; "><br style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; " />

<p style="margin-top: 0px !important; margin-right: 0px !important; margin-bottom: 10px !important; margin-left: 0px !important; padding-top: 0px !important; padding-right: 0px !important; padding-bottom: 0px !important; padding-left: 0px !important; outline-style: none; outline-width: initial; outline-color: initial; font-weight: normal; font-style: inherit; vertical-align: bottom; font-size: 1em; float: none !important; border-top-style: none !important; border-right-style: none !important; border-bottom-style: none !important; border-left-style: none !important; border-width: initial !important; border-color: initial !important; background-color: transparent !important; ">Giratina! I'm ready to strike you down

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to be a writer and I will like to write about tepig the fire pig pokemon. I will like for tepig to be the next card of the week.

I will gladly type an columnist part. Complianing about forums and coming up with solutions suit me.It will be about my attempts to associate my friends and life to Pokmon, and tells my veiws about things from my opinion. My writing time will vary, but I can set up a couple paragraphs in about ten-fifteen minutes max.

rate my lvl 35 victini

---------------------------------------

movelist

searing shot

physic

brickbreak

fireblast

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stats--

hp-126(gave it alot of hp up)

att.-79

spec.att.-78

spec.denf.-90

denfse-99

speed-200(give it alot of carbos when it was a level 15)

rate my lvl 35 victini

---------------------------------------

movelist

searing shot

physic

brickbreak

fireblast

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

stats--

hp-126(gave it alot of hp up)

att.-79

spec.att.-78

spec.denf.-90

denfse-99

speed-200(give it alot of carbos when it was a level 15)

Never spam again kiler.

@Cydaquil: You are not a writer, and the CotW must be the highest stage of evolution.

@Slayer: I would be happy to allow your editorials, just post them here, and I will do some too.

@Jamie: I edited this week issue, your answer is in the Ask pop section. :)

@ Kil.er: I will rate Victini, but not yours.

Black and White - A Gamer's Honest Opinion

By SlayerAbsol

What most players seem to mistake is the term of 'Gamer'. Gamers are the rare few people that will just go and try almost any game. They don't usually praise the 'main-line' games, but those nobody has heard about. These people don't look for an easy way out of the games, but rather try and see if they can find a new and better stratagy. I have been caught raving about many titles that many have never even heard of, and am constantly asked for advice in terms of many games. True gamers then sit down and share their opinions of games with fellow players. I recently had a debate with my neighbor about the new Pokemon games.

My neighbor and I both started playing at the same age, and both began with the same game. Pokemon Saphire. He is a couple years younger however, but we tend to share the same opinions on just about everything video-game related. At first he just wanted to trade for a Pokemon to fill out his Pokedex. Upon him saying this, someone said how the now 600 Pokemon seemed like too much to memorize. We adored the pokemon that came out in Generation Four, how they had clever names and well-set types. Among our favorites had to be the three starters and the evolution chains. None of them were too overrated, the most had to be the Torterra, and the way the types had an ability to turn the tides was great. Unlike the new starters, which each seemed poor in design and typing set-up.

Another issue that seemed to annoy my neighbor and I was how the game lost all of the puzzles. Where everything was, the outbreaks and weather mostly, were out in the broad open. The game was also extremely easy, and did not have anything close to the mental focus and planning you needed for games such as Pokemon Red and Pokemon Blue. The hardest gym in the Generation Five games was the Ice Type Gym. Even then, however, you still had the simple arrows to guide you direction. The gym took me only about a minute to solve, and my neighbor, about a minute and a half. I remember buying the games because I loved how the puzzles and tricks to battle would puzzle your mind, but as of now I wonder why I bother.

The biggest turn-off for us both had to be the graphics. When you open up the game, the game presents an Anime-ish introduction similar to that of Lux-Pain and Ys Saga. But then it suddenly sends you into the games qwerty graphics, which tends to confuse some players on what the game's feel was actually supposed to be. Then, upon opening the game and playing, you are blown away by the beautiful, extravagant, backgrounds. The affects of the towns and camera angles show an amazing new add-on to the game, but with these add-ons, you would expect the characters to be amazing and even better. They remain closely the same, and in an even worse character design than before. They remain in a primative form that a would have been really cute if the graphics were in the same style. Then you get the calls from your friends and the pictures of you chatting with the villian, N. This adds to a manga/anime game feel, which didn't seem to compare with the rest of the games graphics. Thisthen gave my neighbor and I mixed thoughts about what the game was supposed to actually be.

I would have to say the game's story was the most well-made part of the game. The villian's goals were well-thought out, and N's design along with Ghetis' design gave the feel of the Plasma leaders. I foresaw N's loosing in about an hour of play, but Ghestis was quite tge wild card. I also liked the parallel episodes with Cheren and Bianca's Sub-Plot was an amazing part to add to the story. My only problem was how quick the story was and the lack of things to do afterwards. Being as notoriously known for a low attention span as I am, my neighbor and I quickly got bored with the game after beating. We both did replay a second time however, which is quite an accomplishment for any game to do.

I would overall give Pokemon White a rating of 6.5. Mostly for the story,while the rest of it did not seem that much up to it.

I know that, but I at least can prove certain people that they are wrong about the term. I'm not Hard-Core, as I do have things I need to do with my life, but I am a moderate Gamer.

Fan and Gamer are two totally different things. But, let us not focus on that. People have their opinions, but this is just mine.

I just reaized something. I sound a lot like a guy who works for Game-Informer. Lol.

you remind me of this guy who made an article about hard core gamers in game informer

that guy reallymakes me want to curse at the moment

I hate that guy too! I was talking about one who retired a while back. I forgot his name, and don't remember the issue, but he usues grammer in a similar way. It was years ago......

Archived