Out with the old, in with the new? Yikes!

DigiMatt

"Best of all, only Pokémon from the Unova region appear in the expansion!"

-----

This is on the page for the new Pokemon Black and White booster packs. It bothers me. I like my original 151 Pokemon. And the Hoenn and Johto and Sinnoh Pokemon. Not all, but most. Same with the Unova Pokemon. I like how there are so many Pokemon now, that a wide range of people will have a wide range of likes and dislikes. I am a Kingler fan, myself =3

-----

So I certainly don't want them to go away! But the newest Pokemon DS tournament is Unova Pokemon only, and the new expansions will only have the Unova Pokemon. I understand that they're the new kids on the block, and more than deserve their time to Shine(y). But I do hope in later expansions and tournaments, that we can see our old favorites(and non-favorites) in current format.

-----

Too bad this entire site is for everyone not in Japan, but if some big wig in the US sees that we fans love our newbies and our golden oldies, be sure to pass that along! In interviews I read, the Tracy character in the Pokemon anime was created exclusively for us American viewers(for a whole different reason lol), so we know that the creators care for us as fans, too!

I can see where you're coming from, but the entire theme of Black and White (meaning all its incarnations; the show, the cards, the games, etc.) is to start all over again for the most part. That's why it's called Black & White - the franchise is getting back to its roots.

Personally, I like it. I get to experiment with all new cards of Pokemon that have barely been seen.

I can completely agree with this post. I got into pokemon when it first came out in the late ninties when I was a wee lad of nine years old. I would love to see the old pokemon make a come back.

Sadly, this isn't Pokemon going to its roots. The games and TCG are keeping to close to its same formula, and for good reason. It works! But having grown up watching Pokemon, and watching Pokemon now, the anime is vastly different. In character design, interaction, and lore. Its becoming very stream-lined. And I understand its reasoning. I was 10-ish when it slammed North America out of left field, and people now are growning up with it going "Mew is rare?" Certainly want to get these youngin's in the fold. But they are kinda leaving us old timers out to dry - Ash is still 10 years old T_T(they could at least make him 12 or 13).

well.......though the good old days where fun dont you have fun seeing the new moves and new pokemon??i mean dont we all wish the old stuff would come back?

I agree, the new pokemon are very...unsatisfactory. personally (in my opinion) i think it was all good until it went to Sinnoh (Kanto/Johto/Hoenn were the best, and Part of Sinnoh was good too, just to be fair, but, Unova's pokemon are all very "out-of-touch" with what pokemon should be)

yeah the cards seemed to showcase older pokemon more than other parts of the franchise, and it's sad for me to see the older ones get the axe or be ignored like they are. I was 13 when it came to America, and the first 2 generations were the most nostalgic for me. I also think gold and silver were released when pokemania was still going fairly strong in the states, and generation II also introduced or developed most of the mechanics and features that we see now like 17 types instead of 15, breeding, genders, held items etc, but by the time gen III came around, pokemon fever had subsided, and all it had to go on was nostalgia and pure quality. Unfortunately, I got burned out on sapphire, but now I really want to play the whole series again, but don't have a gamecube or gameboy anymore.

i miss the old days :'C pokemon really needs to do a comeback of ash pokemons like primeape pidgeot and buterfree that would be nice to see them again

Archived