My opinion on TCG Live

imabeast77

After playing Live for a good while, I think I have enough information to give a proper review of it. I'll start with the positives, the free decks that are given out are great and will really help new players to get into the game. The best of the decks is malamar which is missing only a few cards from being a competitive meta deck and the cards needed can be easily exchanged with the free credits given. This leads me to my second major positive which is the credit system. It is really nice being able to exchange for whatever card that you want. For example, arceus vstar is very expensive on ptcgo's trading market, but in live you can exchange for it just like that and although I did like having a trading market, this is a really great alternative and makes deck building very easy. Despite these positives there are also many negatives with the game. For one, it is very buggy as I've had numerous occasions where I had to concede due to a bug preventing me from playing the game. Another negative is the gameplay itself as having to drag things around rather than just clicking something on ptcgo is really annoying especially with attacks that spread damage counters around. In addition, the game also does not look as great as it could be, the battlefield is a bit bland and there is no cool animations of attacks, for example doing charizard vstars attack does not feel like you're doing 320 damage. Another issue I have is the grinding for ladder ranking, levelling up, and grinding the battle pass. I'll start with ladder ranking where my issue is that you lose the same amount of ranking with a loss as you gain with a win. This makes it so a couple losses feel really bad as you're losing a lot of ranking and makes it really difficult to reach high ranks. A fix for this would be to have losses making you lose half what you get with a win (making a win increase you by 20 and a loss decrease you by 10). Moving onto the battle pass and levelling up as the current system makes it very difficult. The current system is based on the amount of prizes you took in a match/how much damage you did, etc. which is a really bad system as if you're opponent just concedes before you take a prize, you get practically nothing from that match. A fix for this would be to have a set amount of battle pass/levelling up experience from a win while having the amount of prizes/damage you dealt determine what you get from a loss. This would make grinding much easier and would fix this huge problem I have with live. Overall, I understand the game is still in beta, but that is why I wanted to share my review so that they can end up fixing these issues that I have with the game for the global launch.