Bug with damage quests

Hawtiebabe

Placing damage does not count as damage done in the game. I played a game where i only placed damage counters with Shadow Rider V and at the end of the match it said I had done 0 damage. I also had a quest to do 100 damage and the quest still said I had done 0 when I had placed 200 damage in damage counters.

If this is intentional it seems really weird to not count this kind of damage towards quests

Placing damage counters is indeed not the same as dealing damage. While in this case it was bad, in other cases you can use it to bypass effects that reduce/prevent damage or punish you for dealing damage.

36 minutes ago, GR0 said:

Placing damage counters is indeed not the same as dealing damage. While in this case it was bad, in other cases you can use it to bypass effects that reduce/prevent damage or punish you for dealing damage.

I understand how the mechanic works and why it exists. For the purpose of quests though and the log at the end of the game for damage done, it may be better for it to show up there was the point I was trying to make if it was intended otherwise. In the case it was not intended which seemed more likely to me than I was just trying to point out what may be a bug since it is a beta after all.