Complete and utter disapointment

Boznoz89

I really hope this is some kind of April fools joke.

The interface is terrible and buggy,  huge step backwards in graphics.

You have gone all in on the "pay to win" aspect,  introducing the premium passes and not even giving regular users a FULL booster pack from codes  ?  Are you kidding ?

We already pay you lots of money on real cards, would it really kill you to give us full 10 cards ?

It completely messes up the drop ratios and any chance of collecting cards online in any other way.

Why do you expect people to pay you real money for cards and boxes if you cant even ensure that these cards and boxes will be available forever ?  You already took all previous generations from people who have been collecting since the beginning, its just a question of when you do that again with these .

I hope im not the only one who thinks that.

• Upvote 4

The boosters while only give 5 codes have pretty much removed only common cards you still get at least 2 rares with 1 being a reverse holo. the main differnce is now theres no max rare limit like other packs. Its gone from 1 reverse holo and 1 card would be varied rarity to upto 5 rare cards. I saw somebody open a pack yesterday and get a v and a vmax in 1 pack with a  reverse holo. So pulls seem much better now with common pulls much lower. This was clearly done to offset the new crafting system and the fact you get packs for free in live unlike in real life. In real life you get packs you pay for thats it. Online you get a pack for every real pack you buy AND free packs in the game. That gives you a LOT more packs so they had to even it out somehow. Its a fair trade especially with the crafting system now in place. 

You can still get 10 cards from those pack on ptcgo before you convert your account if you wish. I am in the process of optimizing my account before converting. Getting most commons etc so most packs i open in live will be dusted. I have also traded away my mew v's genesect v's for packs and bulk v cards as i can easily buy them back for 750 credits each. 

I however do agree with you on the graphics the interface is slow and clunky. I get this is made to be compatible for mobile but please give PC users an option to see cards in full on the bench? I hate only seeing a 1/4 of a card as keep forgetting theres pokemon with abilities on the bench due to this. Especially with newer cards from BS. Bugs will be fixed and patched I mean this is a BETA you joined a BETA so complaining about it is stupid. Its like going out in the rain and then complaining you got wet. You knew what you were signing up for. 

This is going pay for boosters though as yeah there are ways to get crystals right now for free but they will dry up quickly as levels get harder to obtain, the season pass gives 600 crystals but costs 800 and daily barely gives any. Its clear they are going to start selling those its why you can exchange crystals for coins and why they are not simply 1 currency. They just want ppl to jump in first before this happens. 

I find the PTCGO Live to have some potential, but in general is it a disappointment, and I will play the old platform until forced off of it. 

1) The layout isn't friendly to the eyes. The cards are too small, especially the opponents. There is plenty of wasted space on the playing field. Not everyone has the greatest eyes, and it is frustrating having to click on the card to see all the details, whereas this was as much of a problem in the original platform. I DO prefer how the opponents card face me, but would appreciate if I could see the FULL card, and it be large enough to read, and if needed I could click on them to see in greater detail. 

2) Gameplay takes far too long. On average my games last twice as long as in the original platform. There is too much time spent with graphics that are subpar and do not add anything to to the game. Interactions between plays take too long. It adds up. If we need to grind the ladder to get cards now it would be nice if we didnt have to spend half the time watching cheese graphics. It was also nice when I was able to drag boss and drop it on a specific card, and it would move that one to active. Now there is an extra step where you play the card, then have to move that card to the box. Why not have both options available? 

3) Get rid of the silly dance when a player is victorious. It is cheesy and does not add anything other than consuming more of my time. If I wanted silly dances I would play fortnight. I want to grind the ladder and not have time wasted watching the same silly dance, over, and over again. 

4) Have an option to PURCHASE gems. Three in my family play competitively. I don't mind paying to get code cards to trade for what we need. Yes, the trade system is out of hand, but that doesn't mean you need to entirely get rid of the pay to play option, there is a middle ground too. Those who don't want to pay can grind, those who want to pay should have the option.  The goal of my kids is to train for worlds, not spend a week grinding away to get the cards they need. TAKE MY MONEY, NOT MY TIME. Easy solution, allow one to pay for for gems, or offer a $10 month subscription where you get a playset of all cards. It is win-win. Those who don't see value in paying can grind, those who want to practice for IRL have the option to do just that. 

5) The avatar is an upgrade, but it is an upgrade from 2000 graphics to 2005! There are limited options, and in 2022 I expect a touch more in the sense of quality.