Outdated cards?

yankeehtr18

Are there any cards that are considered outdated that you can't use in like a league or official tournament play? I'm mainly talking about the cards that came out in the beginning of TCG 12 years ago

Yes. A lot of sets are now considered outdated. Or rotated out. Right now anything up to D&P: Majestic Dawn is considered rotated out. So you can't play any cards past the year 2008. And very few cards in the year of 2008. I believe only 13 or 14 sets are considered legal.

And on July 1st they may be doing a NEEDED midseason rotation to make things HGSS-on. So, if you're going to get new cards, I would suggest to not get anything older than that. Heart Gold Soul Silver, Unleashed, Undaunted, Triumphant, Call of Legends, and Black and White will be the only legal decks (and whatever comes out after than when released). Don't think I missed any...

In the League I run down in Florida, many of my kids have purchased gobs of older cards for cheap through the Internet. Some are in the cycle, some are from the first cards ever printed. I let them use these cards in their matches, because a League isn't as strict as a tournament. But I do make sure to inform them that these older cards can't be used in a Tournament.

Wouldn't older trainer cards and energy cards that are reprinted in the current set still be legal, so long as you follow the Errata. (I.E. how potion now heals 30hp instead of 20hp)

I'm pretty sure that's the case for other TCG's like Magic the Gathering.

You can use old basic energy back from base set, and any re-printed old cards as long as you have a new card to show the currant wording for the trainers.

this place called dream wizards has the BASE SET and jungle set how starge (i saw em at dream wizards frout desk also a prelease was there today,i wnet to it)

Archived