Drafting

CleverFox2

I wonder if PTCGL will have anything like a drafting mode? Something like “TheJWittz“ on YouTube suggested where you could evolve Pokémon of the same type even if there not of the same evo chain and restrictions on how many EX/GX/V/Vmax ect. Could work. 

On 1/13/2022 at 9:03 AM, CleverFox2 said:

I wonder if PTCGL will have anything like a drafting mode?

I really doubt any form of drafting will come to the PTCGL. The format/tournament style isn’t technically supported by TPCi and, if a League or Prerelease is doing one, is largely spearheaded by the TO.

Something like “TheJWittz“ on ******* suggested where you could evolve Pokémon of the same type even if there not of the same evo chain 

This is what’s known as the “mutant rule” and AFAIK it’s never been officially supported by TPCi, so I doubt it’ll be used in the PTCGL and even moreso when you take the programming time/costs into implementing a rule like that into consideration.

And restrictions on how many EX/GX/V/Vmax ect. Could work. 

And here go, the age-old “implement an EX/GX/V-free-and/or-restricted format” schtick…

As with the other two examples that have been listed a format like this probably wouldn’t be implemented in the game since it’s not officially supported by TPCi outside of certain non-sanctioned events (IIRC a Professor Cup several years ago had a no Pokemon-EX rule). And even if TPCi did introduce an Rule Box Pokémon-free format I’m 99.9999% sure that the same people complaining about Rule Box Pokemon running rampant in Standard/Expanded would find other things to complain about in said format.

• Upvote 1