Any good basic colorless pokemon tanker?

AriesDante

Druddigon seems like a good one since it has 100hp with a 60dmg attack and has the rough skin ability (which I can just save the energy and put it on my bench pokemon). I don't know a lot of pokemon cards so is there any colorless basic in the more recent release that is similar or even better that I can use to assign as a blocker while buying me some time to build my bench?

No while mabye the victory star ability victiniti because if you have any pokemon in your deck that says flip and coin and it says below that flip a coin if tails it does nothing that will be great just in case you get tails but it can only be used one per turn.

If you want a defensive Colorless Pokemon, you can try Snorlax - 100 HP, and a move that heals all damage (for 3 Energy, and the penalty of not being able to use the same move on the next turn). You can also equip Snorlax with a Rocky Helmet to get the same effect as Druddigon's Ability.

I would say Druddigon is better because if you're trying to build up the bench, you just want a nice blocker without any weakness, and you don't have to waste energies or use rocky helmets. You could always just use Potions/Max Potions on him too. Plus Snorlax has a retreat of four, compared to two(you would want to use switch always anyways, but just in the worst case)

Tornadus is a pretty good card, 110 HP and it can move energy around your field with both of it's attacks. It's also a pretty good fighting counter since it has a resistance to it, so it's a good card to put into any electric deck as a tech.

• 3 weeks later...

Stall with the new regiggigas ex and once there is enough damage on it, use it's second attack which amlost is like an outrage but instead it's 50+

I think Druddigon is mostly useless. You can't use it to stall, because opponents will just catcher him away. The attack is pretty lousy for 3 energies (though occasionally useful against Pokemon that depend on free retreat). Basically, nothing can protect you while you build your bench, because of Catcher. I think an Outrage Dragon is a better meat shield than Druddigon.

Archived