Numbers on the bottom right of the cards

mac9091

Hello all 1st post of probably many.

My son has got into pokemon and as it was his birthday lots of cards, tins and packs were bought for him. I dont do collecting things but noticed that there are numbers on the bottom right of the cards.

Now i can work out that they are 1, 5, 15 etc out of 98 but have came across x/95,x/ 98, x/101, x/114 and x/123. I found a couple of the packs had checksheets for the corresponding cards so that you can keep a track of the ones you have.

He wants to "collect them all" but in order for a full set do these numbers mean that he will require 531 different cards, excluding the foil/shiny ones. Oh and then theres the secret ones on top of that, such as Meowth.

The last time i played pokemon on the game boy back in 1999 (i think) im sure it was easy and that there was 150 end of.

If someone can provide a link or advise it would be greatly appreciated.

Those bottom numbers are the number of cards in a set. There are different numbers because tins come with packs from multiple sets. He has a long way to go and you're gonna have to spend a lot of money to complete even one of those sets. If you mean collect one of every pokemon, that will require even more work. There are currently around 650 pokemon, and many of them are not included in the newer packs.

THERE ARE 649 BUT YOU SHOULD GET AT LEASE 10 SERPERIOR TINS BECAUSE YOU WILL HAVE 2O EPO PACKS, 10 TM PACK, 10 BW PACKS, AND 10 COL PACKS.

foil and shiny one are the same. So you might want to by hime a lot of tins and packs and tins.

No, some pokemon cards that have a shiny/holo version have different numbers. Also, Mew was given out at different places as an event, it wasn't necessary to have him to complete the pokedex- "offically" there are 150 original pokemon.

I would advise you throughly to only try to complete one set-collecting all the pokemon cards would be near impossible. Also, prepare to spend a lot of money on cards :3

foil and shiny one are the same. So you might want to by hime a lot of tins and packs and tins.

No, some pokemon cards that have a shiny/holo version have different numbers. Also, Mew was given out at different places as an event, it wasn't necessary to have him to complete the pokedex- "offically" there are 150 original pokemon.

I would advise you throughly to only try to complete one set-collecting all the pokemon cards would be near impossible. Also, prepare to spend a lot of money on cards :3

I mean that you should get him at least one of each starter deck there are of the black and white serius so that way he will at least have a completed thing.

Right, thanks for the replies. so if i have got it right, there are now 650 pokemon in TOTAL across all the types of packs and im gonna spend a lot of money

I am looking around to get all the starter tins from Black and White as that is the 'set' he will be collecting.

How many pokemon starter tins are there (currently) as i beleive there are 3 more tins to be released this March?

I am in no way going to try and get a full set of shiny ones, just after getting 1-what ever the last amount is.

Just a heads up, the Oshwatt, Snivy and Tepig tins contain different cards to their final evolutions.

If I were you, I would look on ebay :]

Archived