Pokemon in need of good cards

Zantondorf

Do you think there is a Pokemon (or more) that is deserving an actual good card that could see some play? Or maybe just a card at this point?

Personally, I think the Swinub line should've made it into the Sword & Shield series at this point. Even if we just get a Mamoswine V, I would to see these Pokemon have some relevance as the were part of the original Sword & Shield dex. The last set they were featured in was Sun & Moon Crimson Invasion, which was the 4th major set of the Sun & Moon series (And from the looks of the Mamoswine card, it just seemed like a big gamble that was not worth playing). We are entering the 8th major set of Sword & Shield with no sign of them returning.

I could be missing other Pokemon that should be relevant at this point, but maybe you could share your thoughts on them. Or just share thoughts on other Pokemon that could use some good cards.

Scyther is definitely one of the more cool-looking Pokemon. The last card it got was fitting for a Theme Deck rather than a competitive deck.

I think Scyther suffered a lot in the tcg due to the fact it is a Pokemon with a next stage evolution. Maybe if the game turns to something like TAG TEAM-V (Like the Pokemon-GX), Scyther might get a chance to shine along with another Pokemon that shares it's typing. Now this is an "IF" because there is no confirmation on this so far.

I think another example would be Aurorus, one of the Gen 6 Fossil Pokemon. The last card it got had a pretty decent attack where it would not take damage from your opponent's Evolution Pokemon during your opponent's next turn, but that's the only positive about. It takes too long to set up, and it only deals 50 with that attack. Stage 2 Pokemon dealing 50 damage for 3 energy? No thank you. 

If one were to use this Pokemon, they were better using it's other two cards for ability support.

• Like 1

It's a nice question, worth to think about.

I am also sad that some Pokémon seemingly get a new powerful card with every new expansion (Pikachu, Charizard) while some others get totally ignored.

For me, Clawitzer should absolutely get a V-Card, it's one of the most incredible creations of the last or even all generations. Totally underrated ^^"

Fossile Pokémon are great, I personally feel so frustrated that they kinda got 'splitted'/'separated' by the different kinds of fossil trainer cards. There are no really viable decks building on fossile Pokémon this way.

Regigigas would be nice with some combination of the other Regis, there would be potential. Similar to the V Union maybe, as it could be summoned by putting some others on the discard pile or so ~

My last pick is Ferrothorn, as it is (or was) quite powerful in the real games too, defining the Meta for a while.

Yeah I agree about how Fossil Pokemon are hard to fit on decks. 

I think the last "good" fossil card we got was the Omastar from Team Up. What made it worth using is it's ability: "As long as you have fewer Pokemon in play than your opponent, they can't play any Item cards from their hand". Unlike other fossil cards released around the time that had decent abilities, this one had a restriction that did not require being in the Active Spot. It was free to stay on the bench.

I remember when I played Standard a lot, it was usually paired up with the Gengar & Mimikyu-GX. Although besides that, I never seen paired up with anything else. I think Gengar & Mimikyu ditched it entirely once Calyrex Shadow Rider got released. And that was the sour note it left one. 

The way they made the Fossil Pokemon was interesting at first, but maybe if they made the actual fossil cards playable as basic Pokemon when get in your hand to set up the game, then there could be change in viability for the better.

Ex: In my starting hand I happened to draw 2 Rare Fossils in hand and I have no Basic Pokemon in my hand, why not have them as my Basic Pokemon at the start? Sadly, it is not the case as it they are still treated as trainer cards first.