Potential issue with Moon & Sun Badge

sharkfrog

The Trainer Tool card reads, “If the Pokémon V this card is attached to has “Espeon” or “Umbreon” in it’s name, whenever your opponent plays a Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of that card done to that Pokémon.”

So if my active Pokémon is Umbreon V with Moon & Sun Badge attached to it, and my opponent uses Boss’s Orders, is the tool supposed to prevent my Umbreon V from being switched out of the active spot? Or is the tool only supposed to prevent Umbreon V from being dragged off the bench and into the active spot since the target of that Supporter is technically a Pokémon on the bench and not the active Pokémon?

If the former is true, than there is a bug with the game because that scenario just happened to me where my Umbreon V was switched out of active from Boss’s Orders while it had the badge on.

Boss's Orders targets the Pokemon on the Bench, so your active Umbreon V doesn't protect your benched Surfing Pikachu VMAX from getting dragged off the bench.

However, if that Umbreon V was on the Bench instead, it would be safe from Boss's Orders.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, sharkfrog said:

The Trainer Tool card reads, “If the Pokémon V this card is attached to has “Espeon” or “Umbreon” in it’s name, whenever your opponent plays a Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of that card done to that Pokémon.”

So if my active Pokémon is Umbreon V with Moon & Sun Badge attached to it, and my opponent uses Boss’s Orders, is the tool supposed to prevent my Umbreon V from being switched out of the active spot? Or is the tool only supposed to prevent Umbreon V from being dragged off the bench and into the active spot since the target of that Supporter is technically a Pokémon on the bench and not the active Pokémon?

If the former is true, than there is a bug with the game because that scenario just happened to me where my Umbreon V was switched out of active from Boss’s Orders while it had the badge on.

Report bug, better if you still have the game log

Edited by Trainer0123432

Ok, Moon & Sun Badge flat-out does not work!

Game Log Output Begins Here:
    24. Umbreon V became SharkFrog's new Active Pokémon.
    28. SharkFrog attached a Moon & Sun Badge to Umbreon V.
    160. Opponent played Leon.
    161. Opponent Charizard used Royal Blaze and did 230 damage to SharkFrog's Umbreon V.

Since my opponent had 2 Leon in the discard pile, the attack should have only done 200 damage (still wouldn’t have been enough to save Umbreon V). But the extra 30 damage from Leon that turn should not have applied because Umbreon V was wearing the Moon & Sun Badge.