I received a weird pack that I can’t open

sharkfrog

I logged in this evening a little after 8:00 PM Eastern, when the daily rewards and challenges refresh. The first thing I noticed was that the game told me, “Congratulations on successfully redeeming a booster pack.” The game added a Chilling Reign pack to my collection. My first reaction was, “I did?” because I haven’t redeemed any codes today. So then opened my Day 5 log-in reward, which turned out to be a Chilling Reign booster pack. So I then thought that perhaps the game had earlier just jumped the gun on giving me my log-in reward. I should still have only one CR pack in my collection (because I previously had none). I go to my collection, and it turns out that I had two trade-locked CR booster packs!

Still not knowing why I received two packs, I opened the first one. There were no issues and it opened normally.  But when I tried to open the second one, I got an error telling me that I can’t open the pack because I am currently offering it in a trade. Then I thought, “I am?” I go to look at my trades and I had none posted.

So to wrap-up, I received a mystery Chilling Reign booster pack that I didn’t actually redeem that the game thinks I am offering in an active trade. And I thus cannot open the pack. I am not unhappy about this since I haven’t lost anything, but I find this whole thing weird.

Update: The mystery booster pack was no longer in my collection this morning, so no harm done I guess.

Edited by sharkfrog