Completing the Splinter Challenge

haroldjclements

Hi, I am new to this game and was wondering how I complete the Splinter challenge without purchasing a 'Grass' deck (if I am playing the 'trainer challenge' games)? I have Born of Fire, Hidden Depths and Crushing Current.

If I build a deck for the 'Verses' games, the best card I have in my collection is a 120HP and another at 110HP with not much choice of evolving cards (with the rest of my cards being around 30-90). Where I understand that lower HP cards can have powers that limit higher cards, it seems that if you play a 'verses' match, there is no handy cap or anything to even the playing field for a new, inexperienced player. I have played two matches where my opposition are far far superior and do not give me a chance with their 200 - 300+ HP cards right from the first turn, killing my cards in one go. This is really not fun for me and I would think not much of an achievement for my opposition.

Again, I understand that whole point of the game is to spend money on cards, but surely the idea is for a user to get 'so far' in the games, hone their skills and buy cards with confidence of how to use them and allow them to move beyond the basics.

So I guess my question is ... am I missing something obvious? How do I complete the Splinter challenge as it appears imposable.

Thanks for your time...

Harold 

Your best chance to complete the challenge now is to buy Theme Decks and play them in the Theme Format. Don't jump into it immediately, give yourself time by practicing your battles with the computer players.  (If this is a grass challenge you're doing, buy the Rillaboom Theme deck).

As a new player, you don't have a whole lot of things open to you. Starting with Theme Decks is one of the best ways to progress more in your account. If you don't want to spend your Trainer Tokens immediately, you're only good option is to spend money on products irl, and then redeem them to your through the code you get.

I know this sounds unfair, but that's what I did 3 years ago when I joined in the game. Just playing Theme Deck matches until I get cards to use in other formats such as Standard or Expanded.

• Like 1