Well, I've returned to give some thoughts

WingsofFire1014

Hi all. Don't know if there's anybody still lingering around here since I've been gone, but if you are one of them, hello as well lol.

I decided to just hop onto this forum today to see what was new since I haven't played for like 8 months, and I am greeted by this.

I really don't know what to say here. They're updating the game, which is fantastic. The client had become seriously outdated and it warrented some kind of improvement.

Trades gone? On a trading card game client? What? I don't know about you all but this looks like a tactic to get people to spend. Trades were a great place to spend some time getting the cards you want. When you take away the only other way to get cards really outside of gambling through packs, it feels kind of like the well known "loot boxes". I know they'll be adding a Battle Pass but I have my own thoughts with those as well. Legacy still gone? Dumb. I don't understand that decision to leave it out seeing that people have been really wanting it back for some time. You all missed out on a golden opportunity to bring it back.

Battle Passes? ......Look, the concept is cool around these, but they are such a coin flip to me in gaming. These things are either very well designed and accesible to all, or complete cash grabs in my experience. This'll be interesting.

Few key things I felt like pointing out. I really don't want to be negative here. I've been wanting an updated client for awhile, and I'm getting it, but........

Overall my verdict is that this all looks highly "sus", but I feel it would be wrong of me to not at least give it a shot.

Stay well. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

crazy part is that if there was just enough backlash they would at the bare minimum feel forced to add trading back at the very least. Its clear that the majority are upset with the new tcg live vs the old one, those who are all for it are in the minority, people are hyping up the fact that they can play on mobile, if you had a top level android phone you have already been able to play on mobile for a while now so some of us see past this facade of it being "better" because of it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

I have a android phone that is not a top level and still can play it, but when live drops i dont know if i will be able to play it in my phone becouse i have a 7.1 android ...=(

• Like 2

I see no indication so from from the trailer (and the way they are describing the game) other than it being a very fast cash grab, with no regard to quality or a good player experience. 
Old client is/was garbage, it needed an update. This aint it. And they know it, it was hastily made and with a very cheap team. 
When your often critized decade-old client has a clearly superior "game table", you know you are in for trouble. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On 10/21/2021 at 1:21 PM, Chilai said:

I see no indication so from from the trailer (and the way they are describing the game) other than it being a very fast cash grab, with no regard to quality or a good player experience. 
Old client is/was garbage, it needed an update. This aint it. And they know it, it was hastily made and with a very cheap team. 
When your often critized decade-old client has a clearly superior "game table", you know you are in for trouble. 

It's not a made by a cheap team so take back your words

And tell me do you know about some more complex game then this one I have also know C++ and once I tried to make my own PTCGO that will have a very improved and good AI and I thought I won't launch it because I can't take the copyright I wasn't able to make a single feature of PTCGO !!

And when you starting making a trading cards game none card game has this much capacity these bugs are very less against 6 GB card data !!

Yes the PtTCGO has very much bugs and has a little bit slow processing so .

what a big deal against an app of 6.05 GB ?

And you don't even imagine taht it's the best because the other games' progresses are deleted after uninstalling but this app dosent remove progress

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

8 hours ago, DesolationTroop said:

It's not a made by a cheap team so take back your words

Might not be MADE by a cheap team, but PTCGO clearly has the lead on Live. 

And when you starting making a trading cards game none card game has this much capacity these bugs are very less against 6 GB card data !!

The game doesn't take 6GB???

And you don't even imagine taht it's the best because the other games' progresses are deleted after uninstalling but this app dosent remove progress

I've never played other digital TCGs, but the reason why PTCGO doesn't remove progress is because everything is saved to your personal Trainer Club Account.

On 10/26/2021 at 5:14 AM, PikachuNo60 said:

Might not be MADE by a cheap team, but PTCGO clearly has the lead on Live. 

The game doesn't take 6GB???

I've never played other digital TCGs, but the reason why PTCGO doesn't remove progress is because everything is saved to your personal Trainer Club Account.

Any reason behind but the thing is that there is a way in this game to save progress

None other have an app related account even that is only for saving progress

And it takes up 6 GB

Not exactly but on my mobile it takes up 5.87 GB (approximately 6GB)

It is possible to run ptcgo on android phones but playing the game is difficult if you don't already know all your opponent's cards (text is small and tough to read)

From what I understood Ptcg Live will allow players to enhance not only the card itself but also specific parts relevant to the game (attack, ability, rule boxes..). This should allow to reach a wider audience of (new) players.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1