[ACCOUNT] Game loads from Zero to 100 extremely quickly but I can't log in (error: Can not connect to Pokemon.com login service)

DarkSpadeTW

Hey, so i've been trying to play recently. I start up last night and i was able to play with no issue. However, I have went onto my college's wifi and now I can't play for anything. I haven't went onto the original wifi source yet to see if that fixes it, but it's pretty annoying. i've tried everything from a fresh install to flushing out the DNS cache and nothing has seemed to work. Like the game loads in to the login screen but i can't proceed from there. Hope y'all are able to help me out a bit.

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, tag and item prefix included

• Mod_GuruLot changed the title to [ACCOUNT] Game loads from Zero to 100 extremely quickly but I can't log in (error: Can not connect to Pokemon.com login service)
1 hour ago, DarkSpadeTW said:

Hey, so i've been trying to play recently. I start up last night and i was able to play with no issue. However, I have went onto my college's wifi and now I can't play for anything. I haven't went onto the original wifi source yet to see if that fixes it, but it's pretty annoying. i've tried everything from a fresh install to flushing out the DNS cache and nothing has seemed to work. Like the game loads in to the login screen but i can't proceed from there. Hope y'all are able to help me out a bit.

Hello @DarkSpadeTW

We welcome you to the forums!

Thank you for letting us know you are experiencing problems with the game. 

Please, make sure that your network connection is strong when you attempt to update the game.

You may need to forward a few ports to access the game, or you may have a firewall or anti-virus/malware software blocking connection to the game.

Please, review the following support page for help with this: 

The Pokémon TCG Online communicates with the game servers through three ports: 5222, 8181, and 39389.

The game will not function properly if these ports are blocked by your router. The process for enabling outbound traffic through these ports is commonly referred to as Port Forwarding. Please, review the documentation that came with your router, or visit the router manufacturer’s support page, for instructions on setting up Port Forwarding.

Some firewall, malware, or anti-virus software may require you to explicitly permit two-way communication with some domains by name.

If this is the case for your security software, please, add the following domains listed here to the software’s whitelist.

Feel free to update this thread with any outcome. 

So apparently the issue was the internet of the campus. It was either not strong enough or something of the like. Went back to the apartment and it worked flawlessly.