Whats up with the short clock in event battles????

The_Wretched

am i missing something or what but everytime i'm about to win a theme battle and get the warning clock, i make a move with plenty of time remaining and then all of a sudden i get the defeat graphic. what gives??? the clock will even go away when i make a move but it comes right back in 2 seconds and doesn't even give me 3 seconds before the game is called. shouldn't it reset?

no, it's that way so you don't intentionally time stall to annoy the opponent, it starts with like 30 seconds per action and every time you get the clock warning it reduces the time for the next clock, so if you are struggling with it the best you can do is start planning your actions on your opponent's turn so you have time to take a hard decision later on

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 11:04 AM, The_Wretched said:

am i missing something or what but everytime i'm about to win a theme battle and get the warning clock, i make a move with plenty of time remaining and then all of a sudden i get the defeat graphic. what gives??? the clock will even go away when i make a move but it comes right back in 2 seconds and doesn't even give me 3 seconds before the game is called. shouldn't it reset?

Hello @Wretched597

Thank you for the question!

Hopefully, you find useful the response from another fellow trainer on this thread.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, chibiSpy said:

no, it's that way so you don't intentionally time stall to annoy the opponent, it starts with like 30 seconds per action and every time you get the clock warning it reduces the time for the next clock, so if you are struggling with it the best you can do is start planning your actions on your opponent's turn so you have time to take a hard decision later on

Hello @chibiSpy

Thank you for stepping out to help a fellow trainer in doubts. We appreciate it! 👍