Correct misleading game title "Pokémon TCG Live" & Compensation on extra card

Darksoul1234

As already know there will no longer be "TRADING" in the game when it get replaced so the game should not be advertised as "Pokémon Trading Card Game Live" instead it best be called "Pokémon Card Game Live"

Edited by Darksoul1234
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Disappointed. I’m going to lose enough cards during the transition to consider calling it quits if they decide to bring trade back in a future update.

• Upvote 4

• Darksoul1234 changed the title to Correct misleading game title "Pokémon TCG Live" & Compensation on extra card

Additional copies beyond these limits will not be transferred.
It best provide players with compensation on hard earned extra cards...
The hard earned tournaments should be converted to some sort of rewards

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Why do you think you should be given compensation? Extra cards never did anything for you. You can only use 4 copies, so why do you want compensation for something you couldn't use?

The only purpose extra cards COULD have is that you'll trade them for things you want in the FUTURE. But sadly, like in real life, markets change, and people don't want certain products. So here we are, new game, you bought a bunch of things the market decided it didn't want. You bet that your cards would in the future have value, and you bet wrong and now you're left with useless things and you're demanding compensation. Doesn't work that way, better luck next time.

Same with hard earned tournaments. The currency was to be used to play. The compensation is the rewards for playing said events. Why do you think you should be compensated PAST getting the entry ticket for events you won't even use? You have weeks to play, use them now?

Edited by Charppuccino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

....anyways

21 hours ago, RussellFamily said:

Disappointed. I’m going to lose enough cards during the transition to consider calling it quits if they decide to bring trade back in a future update.

Yes very unacceptable. The compensation, trading system and process is not well thought...should of worked the community with honest feedbacks

Edited by Darksoul1234

1 hour ago, Charppuccino said:

Why do you think you should be given compensation? Extra cards never did anything for you. You can only use 4 copies, so why do you want compensation for something you couldn't use?

The only purpose extra cards COULD have is that you'll trade them for things you want in the FUTURE. But sadly, like in real life, markets change, and people don't want certain products. So here we are, new game, you bought a bunch of things the market decided it didn't want. You bet that your cards would in the future have value, and you bet wrong and now you're left with useless things and you're demanding compensation. Doesn't work that way, better luck next time.

Same with hard earned tournaments. The currency was to be used to play. The compensation is the rewards for playing said events. Why do you think you should be compensated PAST getting the entry ticket for events you won't even use? You have weeks to play, use them now?

But the market didnt change because people "dont want certain products". The "market" is being closed totally, with trading being canceled (on a TRADING card game!!!). 
Do you want to use "market" and economics examples? This is like you having invested a lot and leaving all your years long hard earned money in a bank. And then said bank says "Oh we are moving to another bank....but dont worry we will move your money and stuff.....except the money you are not really using....and a lot of the older stuff, you dont need it because we dont care about it!!! OH, and in the new bank we are making it impossible for you to move assets!! Enjoy!!" :D. 

This is not dictated by market or players. This is a move dictated by Nintendo to make more money. In the Old TCG online, they used the game mostly for advertisal and to promote buying real life packs. With the new game....they are doing the same but adding "gems" and currencys that cost real life money. So that way, Nintendo makes more money. 
Funny thing, they are convincing some people that this is anything other than a cash grab. Trust me, the fact that they are prohibiting trading (a CENTRAL aspect of any TCG) means they dont care about concepts like "fun". They know the pokemon brand sells very easily, so they want to milk players as much as they can. This is a 100% money driven move.

Im not ignorant. Thats how companies operate. I was just expecting a bit more respect, communication and care for players who are very dedicated and brought a lot to the game. Spitting them on the face is NEVER a good business move. You want your veterans to love the game and spread that love to the new players. Sadly, most new managment people around the world only see numbers, and then when they fail to meet expectations they scratch their heads (see the Pokemon Sword and Shield fiasco). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Chilai said:

But the market didnt change because people "dont want certain products". The "market" is being closed totally, with trading being canceled (on a TRADING card game!!!). 
Do you want to use "market" and economics examples? This is like you having invested a lot and leaving all your years long hard earned money in a bank. And then said bank says "Oh we are moving to another bank....but dont worry we will move your money and stuff.....except the money you are not really using....and a lot of the older stuff, you dont need it because we dont care about it!!! OH, and in the new bank we are making it impossible for you to move assets!! Enjoy!!" :D. 

The bank analogy doesn't work. Because a bank you can take your money out at any time and you have lost nothing. The problem I have is that people seem to think online things last FOREVER. Like WoW is a 15+ year old MMO, but at some point, it will end. Do we get compensated for our items in that game? For the time spent? No. These are online products, the monetary value you're getting is the enjoyment, that's it, you don't own anything, and it's not kept forever. You can stockpile, but it's the risk that you might keep stockpiling for the next set and then bam, game is no longer supported and everything you've kept is gone. Yes, it sucks, but that is the risk we all take when deal with this stuff. When we buy games on Steam, Epic, etc, we don't own these, and one day, they will shut down, and we will lose what we had there.

You have to be aware that anything you put into an online game could end at ANY MOMENT and you must be ready to accept that. People are just mad that they've spent years stockpiling instead of enjoying the game and it's blowing up in their faces. 

That and asking for compensation for things they can literally just use right now like like tournament tickets. Just play the game!

Funny thing, they are convincing some people that this is anything other than a cash grab. Trust me, the fact that they are prohibiting trading (a CENTRAL aspect of any TCG) means they dont care about concepts like "fun". They know the pokemon brand sells very easily, so they want to milk players as much as they can. This is a 100% money driven move.

It is for some players and it isn't for others. Like, as I said in the other thread, if they sell products in game it has to be cheaper than code sites right? Cause otherwise why would you buy from them. So up until you're at the point people were in this current game where you just traded packs around and kinda didn't spend money, it'll be better off for you as a player, however if you're not spending anything at all, then you'll be spending more money than you would. But with it being a cheaper way to start, bigger playerbase, more fun, more transactions, more updates etc. I guess only time will tell.

Im not ignorant. Thats how companies operate. I was just expecting a bit more respect, communication and care for players who are very dedicated and brought a lot to the game. Spitting them on the face is NEVER a good business move.

People say this, but a lot of the complaints I see are people complaining that there's no more trading where they're like "oh I just traded cards around to my friends to play certain decks then traded them back". You say brought a lot to a game, but at some point, people are literally playing FOR FREE, while code companies make money OFF OF Nintendo while Nintendo pays for the server.

F2P games companies expect too much, I will say that. They think every user should be a whale. And some users think they should just be able to play completely for free for years being subsidised by the whales. There has to be a middle ground that's reasonable of what a player can spend to stay pretty relevant in a meta game while not having to fork out IRL pack costs per set.

Edited by Charppuccino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

30 minutes ago, Chilai said:

This is not dictated by market or players. This is a move dictated by Nintendo to make more money. In the Old TCG online, they used the game mostly for advertisal and to promote buying real life packs. With the new game....they are doing the same but adding "gems" and currencys that cost real life money. So that way, Nintendo makes more money. 

Im not ignorant. Thats how companies operate. I was just expecting a bit more respect, communication and care for players who are very dedicated and brought a lot to the game. Spitting them on the face is NEVER a good business move. You want your veterans to love the game and spread that love to the new players. Sadly, most new managment people around the world only see numbers, and then when they fail to meet expectations they scratch their heads (see the Pokemon Sword and Shield fiasco). 

Expect parents concerns with kids playing Pokémon Card Live with the "Marketing" direction they going not just feedbacks from forums or social platforms 

Edited by Darksoul1234
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

15 minutes ago, Darksoul1234 said:

Expect parents concerns with kids playing Pokémon Card Live with the "Marketing" direction they going not just feedbacks from forums or social platforms

What's this!?!? My child who used to go the store and spend $5 and buy a pack of random cards can now spend $2 online and buy a pack of random cards!??!! How dare they make my child gamble, the government will hear about this!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 9/22/2021 at 4:40 PM, Charppuccino said:

The bank analogy doesn't work. Because a bank you can take your money out at any time and you have lost nothing. The problem I have is that people seem to think online things last FOREVER. Like WoW is a 15+ year old MMO, but at some point, it will end. Do we get compensated for our items in that game? For the time spent? No. These are online products, the monetary value you're getting is the enjoyment, that's it, you don't own anything, and it's not kept forever. You can stockpile, but it's the risk that you might keep stockpiling for the next set and then bam, game is no longer supported and everything you've kept is gone. Yes, it sucks, but that is the risk we all take when deal with this stuff. When we buy games on Steam, Epic, etc, we don't own these, and one day, they will shut down, and we will lose what we had there.

You have to be aware that anything you put into an online game could end at ANY MOMENT and you must be ready to accept that. People are just mad that they've spent years stockpiling instead of enjoying the game and it's blowing up in their faces. 

That and asking for compensation for things they can literally just use right now like like tournament tickets. Just play the game!

It is for some players and it isn't for others. Like, as I said in the other thread, if they sell products in game it has to be cheaper than code sites right? Cause otherwise why would you buy from them. So up until you're at the point people were in this current game where you just traded packs around and kinda didn't spend money, it'll be better off for you as a player, however if you're not spending anything at all, then you'll be spending more money than you would. But with it being a cheaper way to start, bigger playerbase, more fun, more transactions, more updates etc. I guess only time will tell.

People say this, but a lot of the complaints I see are people complaining that there's no more trading where they're like "oh I just traded cards around to my friends to play certain decks then traded them back". You say brought a lot to a game, but at some point, people are literally playing FOR FREE, while code companies make money OFF OF Nintendo while Nintendo pays for the server.

F2P games companies expect too much, I will say that. They think every user should be a whale. And some users think they should just be able to play completely for free for years being subsidised by the whales. There has to be a middle ground that's reasonable of what a player can spend to stay pretty relevant in a meta game while not having to fork out IRL pack costs per set.

The way online games and online "items" work is a subject of huge debate worldwide. Some countries are legislating about it, because for years companies have screwed people over many times. Of course servers of everything will eventually shut down. There is a risk on that. That doesn´t mean we should just take it in the gut silently. 

Personally, I was NEVER a stockpiller. In fact, whenever I had more than 4+ copies of a very playable card...I tried hard to trade it for cards I didnt have. I never saw the game as a "business". And I made smart trades and put i in the work to get access to the legacy cards....because that format is very fun (and MILES better than the dirtiness that Expanded is, or the mind blowing borefest that Standard is where every deck plays the same). 

About TPCi...the game sustained itself for what it was. It didn´t have microtransactions because it didn´t need them. The aim of the game was to promote the TCG and to ENTICE players to buy real life packs and use the real life cards. What happened is very simple: some executive up top saw the game and thought "HEY, we could be making money out of this, lets do it!". Its as simple as that. And they created a new game where it will impossible for players who dont spend a lot of money to keep up with the whales. That's the worst type of F2P that can exist....a clear pay to win. Instead of selling cosmetics, convenience, avatars.....they went the dark path. A game is NEVER healthy when you can cheat your way with money. 

And there is enough evidence not only from the Pokemon company and NIntendo, but from pretty much every single big gaming company that in 2021, milking players for a few short years while providing a subpar service is the business model to go. So no, I have 0 hopes of the new game being any decent. 

And the beauty of the old game is that if you didnt like trading....you werent force to do it. But it was there whenever you needed it and it was there for people who did like trading (like myself). A game is NEVER better when you are taking things away from it. And im a WoW player so I know what I am talking about.

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Chilai said:

A game is NEVER healthy when you can cheat your way with money. 

The game is literally built around packs being used as currency that are bought with real life money on 3rd party websites.

The way online games and online "items" work is a subject of huge debate worldwide. Some countries are legislating about it, because for years companies have screwed people over many times.

Yes, gambling in games that shouldn't have gambling. FiFa soccer for example, or the way certain cards in BF2 powered you up and how bad the grind was if you didn't shell out money (sound familiar PCTGO). However, Pokemon has ALWAYS been gambling. Buying a pack where you don't know what you'll get is gambling. Most games now have to give odds of hitting certain things. You can't be mad about what companies are doing in this genre when all they're doing is making an online version of what around exists. 

Like I said to Darksoul, kids are just going to go from spending $5 at a card store on a pack to spending $1 online for a pack.

And the beauty of the old game is that if you didnt like trading....you werent force to do it.

Except as we talked about in the other thread, and I explained pretty well, you are FORCED. I mean no one forces you to get a job, but if you want to survive, and eat, and live under a roof, you're forced to get one. Just like in this game, you aren't forced to trade, but if you want specific cards, you're forced to unless RNG gives you what you want with the 10-20 packs you can grind a month.

And im a WoW player so I know what I am talking about.

Yeah cause Classic is amazing with LFG being 75% Dungeon boosting and all the Arena players being banned for cheating and boosting. I've played WoW for 15 years, you're not going to skate in here with one throw away line like that.

Edited by Charppuccino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

8 hours ago, Charppuccino said:

The game is literally built around packs being used as currency that are bought with real life money on 3rd party websites.

The way online games and online "items" work is a subject of huge debate worldwide. Some countries are legislating about it, because for years companies have screwed people over many times.

Yes, gambling in games that shouldn't have gambling. FiFa soccer for example, or the way certain cards in BF2 powered you up and how bad the grind was if you didn't shell out money (sound familiar PCTGO). However, Pokemon has ALWAYS been gambling. Buying a pack where you don't know what you'll get is gambling. Most games now have to give odds of hitting certain things. You can't be mad about what companies are doing in this genre when all they're doing is making an online version of what around exists. 

Like I said to Darksoul, kids are just going to go from spending $5 at a card store on a pack to spending $1 online for a pack.

And the beauty of the old game is that if you didnt like trading....you werent force to do it.

Except as we talked about in the other thread, and I explained pretty well, you are FORCED. I mean no one forces you to get a job, but if you want to survive, and eat, and live under a roof, you're forced to get one. Just like in this game, you aren't forced to trade, but if you want specific cards, you're forced to unless RNG gives you what you want with the 10-20 packs you can grind a month.

And im a WoW player so I know what I am talking about.

Yeah cause Classic is amazing with LFG being 75% Dungeon boosting and all the Arena players being banned for cheating and boosting. I've played WoW for 15 years, you're not going to skate in here with one throw away line like that.

Myself and MANY people I know have never put in a single cent on this game. It isnt that hard to work the trades a bit and eventually get what you want. HECK, Pokemon even emails you free tradable packs codes every 2 months....thats a pretty nice start. And you can get free codes a million ways (ie: playing the game, playing the theme deck tournaments, etc). 

Going from 0 to a meta deck is not that difficult. It takes some effort yes, but its doable. And yes...the game DOES have a P2W element, as players can buy and put a 1000 packs codes into the game. But the new game will make this WORSE, not better. 

Im not arguing about the "gambling" side. That is VERY obvious on a game where you can only buy mostly random stuff. I was talking in particular about the way companies manage what customers buy online and how property works in a virtual enviroment. The debate is still out there, and there are legal and ethical Lramifications. 

Right now you can buy pack codes for less than that. How is the game improving again??

No you are not forced. You can also buy IRL packs or get cheap pack codes online. RIGHT now you can do that. New game: no more trading. You lost something. You didnt win anything (other than the crafting system....which is stupidily slow if we go by what other games are doing).

I didnt even play classic. Ive been playing since WoTLK to this day...and for years and years Blizzard took things away from the gameplay (mostly around our classes) and every time they tried ********** us it was "for the best". It is not. You want more options, not less. 

I think that we will never agree on anything. Im amazed people really thing that this new game is nothing but a quick cash grab. The current Pokemon Online was outdated, had a million flaws, it frustrated many of us....but it was a product of another era. Another era where milking players out of their money while providing the cheapest service possible wasnt the norm. (the old client IS cheapass....but at least the objetive of it wasnt to make inmediate money....it was just an advertisement product for the IRL game pretty much).

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Chilai said:

Pokemon even emails you free tradable packs codes every 2 months....thats a pretty nice start.

A single pack every 2 months. You call that a nice start? You're delusional.

12 hours ago, Chilai said:

I think that we will never agree on anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

14 hours ago, Chilai said:

Myself and MANY people I know have never put in a single cent on this game. It isnt that hard to work the trades a bit and eventually get what you want. HECK, Pokemon even emails you free tradable packs codes every 2 months....thats a pretty nice start. And you can get free codes a million ways (ie: playing the game, playing the theme deck tournaments, etc). 

Going from 0 to a meta deck is not that difficult. It takes some effort yes, but its doable. And yes...the game DOES have a P2W element, as players can buy and put a 1000 packs codes into the game. But the new game will make this WORSE, not better. 

Im not arguing about the "gambling" side. That is VERY obvious on a game where you can only buy mostly random stuff. I was talking in particular about the way companies manage what customers buy online and how property works in a virtual enviroment. The debate is still out there, and there are legal and ethical Lramifications. 

Right now you can buy pack codes for less than that. How is the game improving again??

No you are not forced. You can also buy IRL packs or get cheap pack codes online. RIGHT now you can do that. New game: no more trading. You lost something. You didnt win anything (other than the crafting system....which is stupidily slow if we go by what other games are doing).

I didnt even play classic. Ive been playing since WoTLK to this day...and for years and years Blizzard took things away from the gameplay (mostly around our classes) and every time they tried ********** us it was "for the best". It is not. You want more options, not less. 

I think that we will never agree on anything. Im amazed people really thing that this new game is nothing but a quick cash grab. The current Pokemon Online was outdated, had a million flaws, it frustrated many of us....but it was a product of another era. Another era where milking players out of their money while providing the cheapest service possible wasnt the norm. (the old client IS cheapass....but at least the objetive of it wasnt to make inmediate money....it was just an advertisement product for the IRL game pretty much).

More logical and again we have right for feedback . Yes its simply not good.... Whether that user is trolling or not.
it simply not good change they going to with the game...in this community game Pokémon Trading Card game.

Edited by Darksoul1234
  • Downvote 2

40 minutes ago, Darksoul1234 said:

More logical and again we have right for feedback . Yes its simply not good.... Whether that user is trolling or not.

More "logical" because they agree with you and anyone who disagrees is "trolling"

You are literally everything wrong with the internet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

On 9/26/2021 at 11:42 AM, Charppuccino said:

A single pack every 2 months. You call that a nice start? You're delusional.

When you do all the dailies, play tournaments, play theme, do the tutorials, etc etc etc, it all adds up very quickly. From then, its about being a bit creative. 
People will literally gift cards to you if you treat them well. Happened to me many many times. But well.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Chilai said:

When you do all the dailies, play tournaments, play theme, do the tutorials, etc etc etc, it all adds up very quickly. From then, its about being a bit creative. 
People will literally gift cards to you if you treat them well. Happened to me many many times. But well.

I literally made an entire post about how the math worked for this....

• Downvote 2

On 9/21/2021 at 11:59 PM, Charppuccino said:

Extra cards never did anything for you. 

Clearly you have never experienced the joy associated with 99 locked feebas.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Charppuccino said:

I literally made an entire post about how the math worked for this....

could you link it

i'm curious about it

TY

On 9/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, luckyapple142 said:

Clearly you have never experienced the joy associated with 99 locked feebas.

Ha! For me it's Wishiwashi 😊

Just dropping by to say hi everyone (and most likely this is my very last time too).

Since I've been away from the forum for several years, so let me introduce myself: I'm a Beta player. In fact, one of the earliest ever (I created my TGCO account the very minute the Beta server comes online, which is rather tough for me since I'm in the GMT +8.00 time zone). Check out my avatar, I'm wearing a PaxEast2011 shirt, which is the first ever redeemable code. 

In the past 10 years, I'm really grateful to the TCGO community and the mods. Thanks to TCGO, I was able to keep up with PTCG all this years. In real life, the PTCG scene in my country had a turn for the worst. Most of the existing players reaches teenage/young adult phase, so the local scene is unruly (duh!). That, and I started working, making it difficult for me to visit the local hobby store during the weekends. 

In the initial years, I really spend a small fortune acquiring the codes. Codes wasn't easily available due to the dwindling number of players. And hence I'm really proud of my HGSS-XY collection, where I have a full playset of each FA, SR, CoL energies and promos, and little more for future trades. But from SM onwards, I gradually shifted to being a casual player. There are other priorities in life, but I always enjoy logging in daily just for a game or two. Nothing serious, I just accumulated all the coins till I hit 25000, then I started buying locked packs. Eventually I have a full booster box for each expansion and every single purchasable theme decks.  

So... this new TCGL, it's great for new players and a good way of leveling the field. But for old-timers, this is really, really horrible. When I started buying codes, I'm aware I'm not going to be getting back the money spent. But I'm really not expecting Pokemon Co to pull the rugs on those of us who have been playing for years. To just wipe out a huge chunk of my collection (cards & packs), and all the codes I stashed away??! That's so unethical! 

PTCG isn't exactly free, those codes came through the psychical packs. So even if it's a fraction of the price compared to the psychical cards, it's still something. And this coming from a company that is supposed to be kids/family friendly, on the 25th anniversary? .............

We have one month notice, maybe less. I'm going to do my best to mitigate the transition (losses) over to TCGL. Then I'm probably going to take a long break. And stop buying any merchandises from Pokemon. 

To everyone who have traded with me, have matches with me; thank you for the good memories. To the mods, thank you for your effort in making this TCGO possible. In the initial years, the scams and various other issues was horrible, but thanks to the mods and the community, this gradually cut down a lot.

This is so depressing to quit a two decade old hobby in this manner, but maybe it's a good wake up call to spend your time, effort and money wisely. Maybe we will meet online again one day, maybe not. Thanks. 

Edited by Buffalon
Got disconnected
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I ONLY played for the collecting and trading. I enjoyed the tourneys so I could win something that was collectable and tradable and did not care much for trade locked cards (which is what all cards will basically be in the new game). I was hoping they would do something bold and convert our cards to NFTs or make them blockchain cards, and then just make the money off adds, promoting their physical products and tourneys, selling promos/avatar/gameplay items, or issuing fresh blockchain cards. They could have generated a dedicated and long term following from traders and collectors. They could still honor code cards and supply them in packs, but they would become blockchain cards when redeemed. They could have even added legacy modes with all previous sets and packs eventually. A whole world was their possibility, and it could have been done without burning the current collectors. Collecting unopened packs was my most favorite part of my collections, now since transferring 4 cards wont be enough to interest me, they will all wither in the account. If they could somehow bring back trading in the new game, it would be best to at least lift the 4 card limit and convert the ones above to crystals without limit. ALso make the crystal conversion for unopened stuff a set about per item with no limit. Better yet, allow the packs to be transferred.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

There are a lot of people like you and old players from the game with a lot of old cards and colections that cant be transported that maybe left the game, this is a important thing to think in a card game, we have to see, maybe they put a trade system like pokémon go, i think its the best solution to all the scams and still have trading in a trading card game haha

*edit* And compensate the cards we cant pass for excess or hgss for all those players its a good idea too to keep those players.

Edited by AleHDC
  • Downvote 1