Does anyone else feel like the devs barely care about the game??

Rsmithzesty

It might sound harsh but honestly I don't think the developers care very much about the game. They haven't for years. I started playing seriously right after Unbroken Bonds was released and since then almost no major changes or improvements have been made. Seriously, name more than one. They haven't updated the UI or avatars. The trade list is still wonky and messy, the avatars still look like they're from 2004, and the shop is still absolutely atrocious. Why? This is the only way to play with Pokemon cards if you can't play with them IRL yet over this game's lifetime hardly any major improvements have made. Actually, if you're smarter than a pebble, you'll have realized they've actively been making the game worse. Anyone remember the old shop that wasn't just decks and packs? Anyone remember when you could actually play Unlimited? These days nobody really cares about the shop besides the good theme decks because it's a better investment to just save up money and buy codes. These are just little things yet they seem to not care to improve anything.

Even when I used to play on my PC the disconnecting was horrendous. Now, on mobile, sometimes I literally cannot play the game due to being disconnected randomly.

And now we seemingly have an entirely new or different client coming which, on paper, is good. But then you realize...what about this client? Will we lose our cards? Is it going to be deleted? Can we transfer our accounts? Is it just gonna be an overhaul for this game?? 

What's going on with this game? I genuinely cannot name a single thing that I enjoy about this game after years of playing. Or, rather, TRYING to play because the disconnecting has been consistently awful. 

My final point is this; We all want this game to be good, right? While some people will say they think it is, there are very clear, very apparent problems that have never been addressed. I want to enjoy this game but these devs seem to actively not care if we do or not.

Edited by Rsmithzesty
Improvements.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Ya know, maybe if the game were on ALL mobile platforms, I could actually play the game. But I can't. I simply can't. I cannot finish 3 out of 5 games because the APK constantly disconnects me. But if anyone were to say "Oh well just play on PC", you'd be wrong. It's just as bad. Last time I had my PC setup it was just as awful with the disconnecting.

Please, fix your game. LITERALLY no other game disconnects this much. Just download 10 other games and you'll instantly see what I mean.

• Downvote 1

Hah! Finally, we're getting a better version of this game. Good riddance, PTCGO. Anyone who actually knows how bad you are won't miss you.

Edited by Rsmithzesty
  • Downvote 2