New TCG Live app replacing PTCGO. There are good things to hope for but a very essential question needs to be answered.

Sadra

There are thousands of online players here that have invested much time into PTCGO. However, since it is likely a new app, there is a fear that our collection would not be transferred to TCG live and would be compensated for a few packs instead, based on previous doings of the Pokemon company. There are also sayings that in order to monetize the game, the company wants to change the trade and currency system in game, which means that our previous collections would very likely go down the drain and add microtransactions instead. The Pokemon company has made many decisions solely based on monetary gain that neglected fans and to be honest, I am already prepared for the worst case scenario. But at least you should inform fans and players that have played this game for so long this basic information so that we can save our code cards since the set just came out. If our collection would disappear, we better stop playing now. This is the basic respect that you should give people.

Some people say that if they don't give our collection back they might face a lawsuit. That is actually incorrect. They could easily play around that. I am involved in a family business believe me I know. 

Based on how generous PTCGO has been lately, I feel this might be the case. The only time we got good things back then was when they removed the legacy tournaments. Of course, I wish that I am wrong. With that being said, I look forward to the changes in the new app. 

9 hours ago, Sadra said:

There are thousands of online players here that have invested much time into PTCGO. However, since it is likely a new app, there is a fear that our collection would not be transferred to TCG live and would be compensated for a few packs instead, based on previous doings of the Pokemon company. There are also sayings that in order to monetize the game, the company wants to change the trade and currency system in game, which means that our previous collections would very likely go down the drain and add microtransactions instead. The Pokemon company has made many decisions solely based on monetary gain that neglected fans and to be honest, I am already prepared for the worst case scenario. But at least you should inform fans and players that have played this game for so long this basic information so that we can save our code cards since the set just came out. If our collection would disappear, we better stop playing now. This is the basic respect that you should give people.

Some people say that if they don't give our collection back they might face a lawsuit. That is actually incorrect. They could easily play around that. I am involved in a family business believe me I know. 

Based on how generous PTCGO has been lately, I feel this might be the case. The only time we got good things back then was when they removed the legacy tournaments. Of course, I wish that I am wrong. With that being said, I look forward to the changes in the new app. 

Idk where u get ur info from cuz as far as I seen they haven’t confirmed anything about it so it could be just a rebrand of the original app with a new name and look there’s nothing that says it’s an actual new app but with that beening said if they make it where u lose ur collection then I bet they will lose a lot of there player base with me included but I will say this people who hoping for new modes and stuff I wouldn’t hold my breath on it cuz there’s not much they can add since they already have tournaments and a vs ladder with rewards

12 hours ago, Sadra said:

yes, I do agree, when I bought EVS packs recently, on the pack cover, unlike the old packs, it was put 'TCG live app' or something I don't remember now............

• 3 weeks later...

The official "trailer" of the TCG Live is on, but still no info what will happen with the PTCGO accounts. I play for more than 10 years, since the alpha/beta days and i believe, we deserve an honest explanation wht's going on...AT LEAST THAT!

Theyre not bringing our legacy cards over at all. The rest of our collection is being brought over as a playset only. No in game trades (why bother keeping it Pokemon Trading Card Game Live and not Pokemon Card Game Live), no friends, no in game chats. This is a dumbed down, money grab version. 

When are they sunsetting PTCGO?

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, DyingGasp said:

Theyre not bringing our legacy cards over at all. The rest of our collection is being brought over as a playset only. No in game trades (why bother keeping it Pokemon Trading Card Game Live and not Pokemon Card Game Live), no friends, no in game chats. This is a dumbed down, money grab version. 

When are they sunsetting PTCGO?

Expected for the HGSS era cards. Will the unopened post HGSS products also carry over?

9 minutes ago, sim8onoff said:

Expected for the HGSS era cards. Will the unopened post HGSS products also carry over?

No. Check the Support FAQs. They need to announce what game play items are transferring

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, DyingGasp said:

No. Check the Support FAQs. They need to announce what game play items are transferring

Thanks, i found it.

Unopened Products

• Unopened Black & White, XY, Sun & Moon, and Sword & Shield Series booster packs, preconstructed decks (expansion and incremental), Build & Battle Boxes, and League reward products will be converted to Pokémon TCG Live in-game currency on migration. Note that there will be a cap on the amount of in-game currency you can receive.
  • Unopened XY and Sun & Moon Series tin products that unlock a 60-card deck in the Pokémon TCG Online will be converted to one copy of that tin's promo card on migration.

I really hope they bring in some weird alternative for trading if they're getting rid of it completely, otherwise I think that fights are going to start over Tropical Beaches lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chicoz76 said:

Has anyone mentioned what’s happening to the 1000 tournament tickets I paid for and earned? Can’t find any data on that in this sad FAQ

Tournament Tickets aren’t transferring over, use them now while you can.

125 packs=6,200 Crystals
 As seen on one of the screenshots on https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/tcgl/ a trainers toolkit 2 costs 3000 crystals. Anyone feel likes that’s totally not worth it. Crystals will prob be easier to get with micro transactions. The screenshots probably don’t have final prices but I just want this to be known.

5 minutes ago, Fatcatz2007 said:

125 packs=6,200 Crystals
 As seen on one of the screenshots on https://tcg.pokemon.com/en-us/tcgl/ a trainers toolkit 2 costs 3000 crystals. Anyone feel likes that’s totally not worth it. Crystals will prob be easier to get with micro transactions. The screenshots probably don’t have final prices but I just want this to be known.

I would personally caution against using promotional screenshots as evidence of costs, etc. We're still a while away from the open testing period, let alone the full release, so these numbers may not be final.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fatcatz2007 said:

125 packs=6,200 Crystals

i expect the crystals you get for exchanging 125 ptcgo packs to return like 10 packs in live. its apparent they want to drain players of any savings they have so they'll be ready to pay to play on live.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, marvisj said:

i expect the crystals you get for exchanging 125 ptcgo packs to return like 10 packs in live. its apparent they want to drain players of any savings they have so they'll be ready to pay to play on live.

I second that statement, let’s not forget that TPCi also thought that digital packs for the SAME PRICE as physical packs via the TCGO’s discontinued Gems currency.

in the screenshots the have shown we can see that the battlepass will cost 800 gems and give 8 packs 1 collectorpack 500 coins 50000 credits 4 avatar items and 600 crystals back based on the prize of the battle pass and what you get for it i would asume that the pack will cost 100 crystals and that 100 crystals will cost around 1$ when bought in the smallest pack tho we have no actual idea that would be my guess

6 hours ago, Chicoz76 said:

Has anyone mentioned what’s happening to the 1000 tournament tickets I paid for and earned? Can’t find any data on that in this sad FAQ

I'm at 1123

i nearly have all cards in my account and x50+ new packs but i prefer a new start for supporting this new game its reminds me pokemon play it! 1999 nice gameplay system

How can they sell HGSS era stuff in the shop all this time and then just decide not to bring it along.  This is crazy.  I honestly can't believe they would do this.  I guess Pokemon is just another giant scum bag profit mongering corporation.

• Upvote 1