Finally an Anti-Marnie Card!

RaginTyphlosion

After the release of the Sword & Shield expansion, Marnie- a supporter card which shuffles both players hand and put it  under their deck and you drawfive and your foe draws four. This card is a replacement for Cynthia in standard. But not only that, it can also disrupt your opponent by putting their key cards UNDER his/her deck. It is 100% sure that your opponent wont get the same cards. 

Why am I telling it?

After it's release it has used by people crazily. Almost everybody who's playing standard uses Marnie, it's a game changing card just like Boss' Order. Now the effect of it is gonna be reduced by this miracle card called 'Milotic'. This Pokemon's Ability called - Dew Guard which's text is 'Whenever your opponent plays a supporter card, prevent all effects of that card done to your hand'. Not the exact text, but still this is what Milotic does. It's pretty cool like being immune to Marnie's effect. It's gonna be a very big hit just because it can counter Marnie, so again it's a very big card that can prevent game changing. 

So buy Evolving Skies, find Milotic, counter Marnie

and have fun!

12 hours ago, RaginTyphlosion said:

After the release of the Sword & Shield expansion, Marnie- a supporter card which shuffles both players hand and put it  under their deck and you drawfive and your foe draws four. This card is a replacement for Cynthia in standard. But not only that, it can also disrupt your opponent by putting their key cards UNDER his/her deck. It is 100% sure that your opponent wont get the same cards. 

Why am I telling it?

After it's release it has used by people crazily. Almost everybody who's playing standard uses Marnie, it's a game changing card just like Boss' Order. Now the effect of it is gonna be reduced by this miracle card called 'Milotic'. This Pokemon's Ability called - Dew Guard which's text is 'Whenever your opponent plays a supporter card, prevent all effects of that card done to your hand'. Not the exact text, but still this is what Milotic does. It's pretty cool like being immune to Marnie's effect. It's gonna be a very big hit just because it can counter Marnie, so again it's a very big card that can prevent game changing. 

So buy Evolving Skies, find Milotic, counter Marnie

and have fun!

Yea I put a 2-2 line in my togekiss vmax deck but haven’t tried it yet I’m been putting off playing trying to wait until rotation or until I can get the new eeveeultion vmaxs 

I really really like what it WILL do to help my Indeedee hand kinesis deck... Haven't played with it yet though, but did play in a tourney with no marnie, no boss and no research and played the hand kinesis deck doing fairly well. And I'm also not playing much until post rotation. 

No you can play it, like you have no choice other than playing drawing cards in ur deck like Hop. Or else add and test it. I'm not sure

I've found it, 

Like, if u use Milotic CRE, you can keep on drawing cards, your foe can't change the amount of cards in ur hand (unless u play Cynthia or Marnie). 

So yes, you can successfully use Hand Kinesis with Milotic.

• 4 months later...

Hey guys!! Can maybe someone explain me why Milotic's Dew Guard Is not working against Lysandre or Guzma like It does against Marnie? I thought It would work with the First two Also!! Thank you very much in advance 

24 minutes ago, Cabboz10 said:

Hey guys!! Can maybe someone explain me why Milotic's Dew Guard Is not working against Lysandre or Guzma like It does against Marnie? I thought It would work with the First two Also!! Thank you very much in advance 

The ability only protects you and your hand from the effects of your opponent's supporter cards. It does not say anything protecting your Pokemon from their control such as Boss's Orders. Those cards are not making you doing anything, it's the opponent's call.

Edited by Zantondorf
Was trying to be more specific

• 1 month later...

even with that milotic in format it is mostly irrelevant because the moment you bench the feebas that other ********** stupid card BOSS ORDER just gusts you up and knocks you out before you can evolve into a milotic. So stupid. The times I have played milotic to try save my hands or builds up large hands that's exactly what happens!!!! I despise DESPISE so immensly boss order. If a person is ahead in the game it just advances them to be FURTHER ahead. Its almost a cheat card... gust effects should not be so easily allowed. I like the way cross switcher and custom catcher operated where they had to have both in the hand or the pokemon catcher required heads on a coin flip. I really REALLY strongly miss the days when boss order was never in format. It also greatly benefited single prizer decks to have more of a chance cuz you could properly sacrifice a pokemon while you power up something else... but with boss nope you sure can't do that... the moment you place an energy that dumb ********** card just allows opponent already ahead to get FURTHER ahead. And this is why we have a problem with extremely fast games and too many concedes... because the game is very rarely ever about possible comebacks anymore. BOSS ORDER is the MAIN reason for that. BAN IT. But it will never happen. Look at how many boss order versions we now have. It's out of hand. I would have preferred various other unique supporters to be made, but no pokemon just went and printed more boss order. I HATE THAT CARD! Bogus, unfair, overpowered mess. 

Dunno if I really agree with you there, but in Battle Region we got a Diancie with the ability Princess Curtain: "As long as this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon, whenever your opponent plays a Supporter card from their hand, prevent all effects of that card done to your Benched Basic Pokémon" which blocks Boss. Obviously it needs to be in the active and only stops Boss from hitting basics but if you're running an evolution deck its not like your opponent would be able to punish you for not evolving right away if they can't gust your 'mons up - the Articuno from Team Up with a similar ability saw a bit of play if my memory serves correctly. Maybe that'll finally stop Giovanni's reign of terror lol