Preservation of TCGO collections to Pokemon TCG Live

Jurt0

Hi! I don't really know if this is where I should create this thread, but it seemed the most fitting. 

I think there's a chance that someone who has knowledge about the title of this message reads this forum from time to time. We all have read the rumors of an overhaul or a direct replacement of TCGO by the end of the year, so I'm really worried about losing my TCGO collection. I'm right now cautious of buying booster packs or even playing the game, since if the progress is about to be lost in a month's time or so It'd feel like a wasted effort to grind the VS ladder, trade, etc. Is there any way in which we could get an official statement about this? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Jurt0 said:

Hi! I don't really know if this is where I should create this thread, but it seemed the most fitting. 

I think there's a chance that someone who has knowledge about the title of this message reads this forum from time to time. We all have read the rumors of an overhaul or a direct replacement of TCGO by the end of the year, so I'm really worried about losing my TCGO collection. I'm right now cautious of buying booster packs or even playing the game, since if the progress is about to be lost in a month's time or so It'd feel like a wasted effort to grind the VS ladder, trade, etc. Is there any way in which we could get an official statement about this? 

I know how u feel I want to get all the new eeveeultion vmaxs from new the set but that’s going to cost a lot of money to get them and I don’t want to lose them if they are doing a reset with the new app but I’m afraid we probably won’t get any more news about it until we get closer to November 12th release date of that new pack probably.i have seen a few streamers also worried about losing there collection so personally I think it be a big mistake on there part if they make it where u do lose everything my guess is that it probably be the same app just with a new name and a new look I don’t expect any new features cuz they already have tournaments and vs ladder not much they can add that’s new

• Upvote 1

I'm mostly afraid of a possible abolition of the Legacy format. That's where I put most of my focus and even if we are to keep our collections, without the format half of my account would consist of dead cards...

But yeah, thanks for asking here! I'd definitely sleep better if I knew they'd migrate our accounts.

Edited by OelBoy
  • Upvote 1

I'd love to think they are actually adding previous cards as well (since it is the anniversary and what not). I'd love it to be new formats, as in one per major era (Like, og Base set, Sun & Moon, XY, BW, DP... etc) 

I'm with you guys.. I have over 180 days total time played on this game.. I own almost every card in the game.. if this happens OMGSH I'm going to be so upset if I lose everything. I am optimistic though.. there is no way that they'd do this to their community right? 
My dream is that they revamp the existing application and include old sets that they never printed code cards for.. and maybe have a way to pay for the sets, or collect them slowly within the game itself. That'd be amazing. Like more legacy formats... although, I dont see unlimited coming back since people were playing broken decks

If they go the route of other TCGs they will want to monetize the online game more effectively and Pokemon Unite has shown us that they don't shy away from overly monetizing games. So some kind of gem system will probably return. In that regard, adding the older sets would be a money move as even playing in paper costs a few hundred bucks due to the recent Pokemon card price hike. So what are 50 bucks in digital content if it let's you play your favorite cards again?

I'm rather optimistic about the new client (why would I drag myself down) but as I said, I'd like to have some assurance.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kind of weird that it's 2 months before the app is released and we haven't gotten any news... I don't know if the staff here is forbidden to talk about it, or if there's some kind of policy around. We deserve to know what will happen to our collections.