[WINDOWS] Loading data from server. Please wait. --> The network connection with the server has been lost. Error

Laspartomycin

I just started having this issue. When I press login it takes me to a screen that says "loading data from server. please wait." It instantly loads to 18% then very, very slowly crawls all the way up to 80-85% (~5min). Then it crashes and brings me back to the login screen with the error message "The network connection with the server has been lost".

I have no idea what is going on as I was logged in and playing last night and even this morning! I am on PC and I have restarted my computer. I have restarted my router even though I am plugged in via ethernet and no on wifi (~94 Mbps upload/download)  and I have even un-installed and re-installed the game. Each and every time it goes through the same error, at this point I've tried logging in at least 20 times.

I am on client version: 2.81.0.5316:#2242 (live) at lease that what it says on the loading screen. 

Does anyone have a solution to this error? 

Thank you for your help in advance :)

Edited by Mod_GuruLot
title updated to reflect the sub's format, item prefix included
  • Upvote 1

• Mod_GuruLot changed the title to [WINDOWS] Loading data from server. Please wait. --> The network connection with the server has been lost. Error
6 hours ago, Laspartomycin said:

I just started having this issue. When I press login it takes me to a screen that says "loading data from server. please wait." It instantly loads to 18% then very, very slowly crawls all the way up to 80-85% (~5min). Then it crashes and brings me back to the login screen with the error message "The network connection with the server has been lost".

I have no idea what is going on as I was logged in and playing last night and even this morning! I am on PC and I have restarted my computer. I have restarted my router even though I am plugged in via ethernet and no on wifi (~94 Mbps upload/download)  and I have even un-installed and re-installed the game. Each and every time it goes through the same error, at this point I've tried logging in at least 20 times.

I am on client version: 2.81.0.5316:#2242 (live) at lease that what it says on the loading screen. 

Does anyone have a solution to this error? 

Thank you for your help in advance :)

Hello @Laspartomycin

We welcome you to the forums! 

Thank you for letting us know you run into this issue with the game. 

Unplug your modem (and router if you use one) for 1 minute. Plug in modem, then router and reboot your computer. If you are using a WiFi connection, try plugging in to your modem with a cable instead.

Open the following 3 ports that the TCGO client needs to make a connection: 8181, 6967, and 39389

Note that anti-virus software (or even Windows Defender) could be incorrectly identifying the game as a threat and blocking it; you may need to add TCGO to a "safe programs" list.

Close any background applications before launching the TCGO (VoIP, Skype, and Bittorrent related programs are especially known to occasionally cause issues).

It might help to flush your DNS cache again after troubleshooting the above. 

If these suggestions do not help, please reach out to our support team to get further assistance.