which is the best? 4-4-3/4 or 4-4-2 or 4-3-2 or 4-2-1?

AriesDante

it seems if you wanna use a certain stage 2 you should have 4 basic then 3 or 4 stage 1 and 1 or 2 stage 2? I never really quite figured out which is generally the best. Seems 4-3-2 or 4-4-2 to me since too many stage2 seems to affect your chance of getting a stage1 given that you have nothing to assist you to search or draw. So if you have 3 basic? 2 stage 1 then?

I generally use "hourglass" lines.

For example, if the stage two is my main attacker, i'll run 4-2-3, 4-2-4, or 4-1-3 lines with 3 or 4 rare candy

If it's more of a "tech" then I usually go for 2-1-2 or 1-0-1.

It is a metagame call based upon how much trainer lock you expect to see. If you expect a lot, run more of the middle line.

• 4 weeks later...

It all depends on what stage 2 your running. If the basic has low hp, like solosis or oddish, you should definetly run four. If the stage 2 is your main attacker, run four basics. The amount of stage 1s and 2s depends on if you have rare candies or not. If you don't, run a 4-3-2/3. If you do run a 3/4-2-3/4.

I end up doing 4-2-4 or 4-1-4 with rare candies and 4-3-2/3 without the candy after play testing my decks for many times. I think I am most comfortable with that unless the stage1 is really useful if so I will stick to 4-3-2/1. The old porygon line (not the HGSS one...) is defintiely the only one I can think of that I will have 4 stage 1.

Archived