Ball (Nest + Quick) or?

RaginTyphlosion

Ik, you may not understand the topic's title, 

My question is, Why everybody uses Quick Ball when we have Nest Ball (Totally talking about Expanded), Both of them search for Basic,

But Quick Ball has a drawback of discarding a card from hand, but Nest ball doesn't have any such things, then why Quick Ball instead of Nest Ball? 

• Upvote 1

Quick puts the Pokemon into your hand, Nest puts them straight onto the bench. Lots of useful abilities like Dedechange only activate when you play the card from your hand to your bench, so using Nest Ball on Dedenne would just waste it completely. Nest is only really more useful in decks that require a lot of Pokemon without abilities on the bench, like Round, or I guess decks that don't use any Dedenne/Crobat.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, pikayou said:

Quick puts the Pokemon into your hand, Nest puts them straight onto the bench. Lots of useful abilities like Dedechange only activate when you play the card from your hand to your bench, so using Nest Ball on Dedenne would just waste it completely. Nest is only really more useful in decks that require a lot of Pokemon without abilities on the bench, like Round, or I guess decks that don't use any Dedenne/Crobat.

Thank You Very Much Pikayou, it was very informative

• Upvote 1

There are probably some decks that want to take advantage of discarding cards from their hand. It isn't always a drawback. Cards like this Giratina benefit from being discarded, and other cards like Dark Patch want specific other cards to enter the discard pile.

• Upvote 1

I brought this up a long time ago... I have literally seen decks that do NOT use dedenne or crobat or tapu lele, etc. type things and yet they are still using quick balls. Same thing with other cards in expanded. People don't take the time to convert a deck properly into expanded and instead just play a standard deck in expanded. It's a bad basic move by someone who obviously doesn't fully understand the difference in formats. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2021 at 1:16 PM, guruguy87 said:

I brought this up a long time ago... I have literally seen decks that do NOT use dedenne or crobat or tapu lele, etc. type things and yet they are still using quick balls. Same thing with other cards in expanded. People don't take the time to convert a deck properly into expanded and instead just play a standard deck in expanded. It's a bad basic move by someone who obviously doesn't fully understand the difference in formats. 

he he he😅 not like that, but it was a sudden strike