Mac client not saving video setting

stealthboy2600

I've been back and forth with support for a while now and they have no ideas, so I was wondering if anyone else in the community is seeing this odd behavior. I have my settings in Video set to 1600x900 Windowed.  But every time I start the client it sets my resolution up to 1680x1050.  I then have to go into settings > video and set it back down to my desired setting.  I have to do this every time I launch the client and login.

It seems like when the client starts for a split second it is at my desired setting, but then when it gets to the refresher check step it enlarges the window. 

Is anyone else seeing this behavior?  I have reinstalled the application multiple times and cleared out various associated Library and Saved State files located on the Mac file system.

Have you checked your user/app permissions? If you're a child playing on a family computer, for example, your account may not have the permissions to write a file to save your preferences. Alternatively, TCGO may not have been given permission to write new config files and so can't save the preferences between sessions.

It sounds to me like a computer setting is causing the issue here, not the app. 

I located the settings Plist file, and I do have all the correct permissions to write to that file.  I can open the plist file, see the video resolution settings I want inside the file, start the app, and see the values change on startup - so something in app startup is overriding my settings and actually changing it.  The values change to 1680x1050.   I always then have to change my settings back to 1600x900 in the app, and can confirm they change in the settings Plist file.  

This just became a problem about a month ago. 

• Upvote 1

That's interesting. You may have to contact Support and give them this information. It sounds like the devs should be able to figure out the problem pretty quick, or at least narrow it down to a couple specific scenarios, but us forum peasants probably can't.

I have been in contact with support for weeks.  They cannot figure it out.  A real mystery!  Every time I start the game client I have to reset my resolution back to 1600x900.  Very annoying for sure.