Possible Bug with Houndoom

bpf99

The card is Houndoom from Battle Styles.

Its ability doesn't allow you to get impact energy from the deck. I don't know if the ability is only meant for the other single strike energy, but I was confused in a battle because I put impact energy in the deck so that Houndoom could pull that too. Impact energy is classified as "single strike" energy, so shouldn't it work with the ability?

On the same note, Urn of Vitality won't take impact energy from the discard pile.

Thanks for any help!

Houndoom specifics Single Strike Energy which is the name of a individual card. Single Strike refers to an archetype of cards. EX. Single Strike Urshifu V, Single Strike Urshifu Vmax, Tyranitar V, Urn of Vitality, and Impact Energy.  

It boils down to the first letter of "energy" being capitalized vs. lowercase.

• "...a Single Strike energy" = all energies that are of Single Strike type
  • "...a Single Strike Energy" = the Single Strike Energy card in BATS

Yes, it's dumb and confusing.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, Leeloo1133624 said:

It boils down to the first letter of "energy" being capitalized vs. lowercase.

• "...a Single Strike energy" = all energies that are of Single Strike type
  • "...a Single Strike Energy" = the Single Strike Energy card in BATS

Yes, it's dumb and confusing.

It's not even that, "Energy" is capitalized even when referring to a nonspecific energy name. For example, look at Blaziken VMAX's Max Blaze attack, Delphox FCO's Psystorm attack, or Super Rod. (sorry I'm old so those were the first cards I thought of)

Printing both "Single Strike Energy" and "Single Strike" Energy was a mistake.

Hello @bpf99 

Thank you for taking the time to post your question. I hope the answers the community have provided are helpful. Thank you to to all the trainers that took time out of their day to help a fellow player!