GX move 'The End'?

AlolaGold

Hi

I was just knocked out by a GX move in about the opponent's second move but didn't see which Pokemon it was, it was almost too fast - the opponent was using Battle Compressor and accessing their deck/discard pile.  They had Mew on their bench which could use other pokemon moves, then they managed to attach about 4 special energies (possibly double) using a Pokemon on their bench which knocked itself out doing that, but then Mew did the GX move 'The End' (I think) and knocked out Oranguru on my bench followed by my active Snorlax?  That won them the battle, I have never had that happen before and would like to know how they did it!

Sorry Mew was their active Pokemon, which used the GX move to end the game.

they used electrode GX to power up a mew with counter energy, then proceeded to copy garchomp and giratina GX attack "gg end GX" which for 6 energies allow you to discard 2 pokemons from your opponent

• Downvote 1

Thanks so much both for that explanation - it was so fast I was quite shocked how it happened like that and so I didn't think to check the game log!  Guess I was just unlucky that the opponent was able to get everything set up that fast and I only had 2 pokemon in play!  A very powerful move!

This is really a cheating donk deck that again should have action taken to keep the expanded format healthy. There are alot of parts of alot of good cards that make that deck do what it does. In my mind the most important thing though is Electrode GX and it should be banned. Way too many sick combos it allows. The one that I have complained about before is peforming magical miracle gx going 2nd and evolving turn 1 using wally. Drawing through half the deck with all the drawing options that exist in expanded (dedenne, crobats, bicycles, acro bikes, roller skates)... The way this was done with GG end GX is similiar and likely it was part of the same or very similiar decklist. I don't see it that often in expanded (thank goodness or I really be ranting about this often) so it doesn't really bother me that much, but it certainly is cheating breaking all kinds of rules. 

• Downvote 1