Dowsing Machine Bug

ParTCG

Client: 2.80.0.5277:#2234
Card: Dowsing Machine
Card Number: Black & White Plasma Storm #128/135
Expected Action: Dowsing Machine allows me to add back any Trainer card in my discard pile.
Actual Action: Dowsing Machine does not allow me to add back one of the two cards discarded to use Dowsing Machine.
Steps to Reproduce: Discard any Trainer card in order to use the effect of Dowsing Machine and you will be unable to retrieve it.

Per the official card rulings, this is working as intended.

Dowsing Machine 
Q. Can I use Dowsing Machine, discarding something + 1 Item card to get that 1 Item card back into my hand?
A. No, you cannot return cards to your hand that you used to pay this card's cost. (Plasma Storm FAQ; Feb 7, 2013 TPCi Rules Team)

• Upvote 3

@TPCi_Mathis I was suspecting the same, but as not said in the card (as it's written in Cynthia and Caitlin TT for example and some other) and for the operations order (you discard first, then you choose from discard so what you paid would already be in discard) it's not clear. Unless we pay attention that probably in the live game, the paid cards would yet be over the board when you choose the one you pick? Would it be like this?

Happily new cards tend to be more specific, but that DM is a "hard" one to know per its description.