Dark Type Deck Building- Hydreigon (Dark Squall Ability)

RaginTyphlosion

Hey folks, pls help me. As in the TOP DECK ACADEMY, I'm creating a deck with Hydreigon(Dark Squall Ability). What Pokemon to replace with the Darkrai, since I don't want it. Can I use Hoopa GX(Rogue Ring attack) instead will it be ok? pls help, thanks in advance!ūüėÉ

Chasista

Hi welcome.

First you should explain a bit the deck. What pokémon are in there and specify the format you want to play in.

We couldn't say yes or no because based on the info provided, it would be a blind call right now.

Bring your deck and spread your ideas¬† for change to get the proper advice and thoughts. ūüôÉ

• Like 1
pikayou

Since they mentioned top deck academy, I'll assume they're using this decklist in the standard format:

Spoiler

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 19

* 1 Crobat V SHF 44
* 1 Darkrai DAA 105
* 4 Deino DAA 108
* 2 Greninja & Zoroark-GX UNB 107
* 1 Grimmsnarl V DAA 114
* 1 Guzzlord CEC 136
* 1 Zweilous DAA 109
* 3 Hydreigon DAA 110
* 1 Dedenne-GX UNB 57
* 4 Jirachi TEU 99

##Trainer Cards - 29

* 4 Professor's Research SSH 178
* 4 Erika's Hospitality TEU 140
* 2 Boss's Orders RCL 154
* 4 Rare Candy SSH 180
* 4 Quick Ball SSH 179
* 4 Scoop Up Net RCL 165
* 4 Switch BCR 135
* 3 Pokémon Communication TEU 152

##Energy - 12

* 12 Darkness Energy Energy 7

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

That said, I'm not really sure why the people who made this deck put Darkrai in there to begin with, especially as a one of, I've never seen anyone use that card. I think most Darkbox decks run a copy of Umbreon & Darkrai-GX (UNM 125) to punish playing Dedenne, but if you don't have one I feel like Hoopa (DAA 111) would also be a decent pick since it can attack early game without the help of Hydregion. 

• Like 1
RaginTyphlosion

Thank You Very Much Chesista and Pikayou for replying

• Upvote 2
Chasista

You're welcome. I didn't know about the Academy channel. Seems no extremely high level tho, although I just took a fast sight only.

Have fun!

• 1 month later...
guruguy87

Umbreon & Darkrai-GX (UNM 125) doesn't get talked about enough for how strong it truly is... I use it with a hydreigon build and that can quickly power up the 6 energy GX attack for full effect which is that automatic knockout combined with your opponent is unable to play any trainer cards next turn. It is VERY STRONG. I shut opponents down when i get it pulled off on my 2nd turn. (green exploration to get rare candy and evolution incense to evolve into hydregion, crobat for some cards and in particular energy, then dedenne gx for more energy and boom there is the 6 energy on Umbreon & Darkrai-GX). It's so good. 

• Upvote 1
RaginTyphlosion

Thank you v much, but I already made one with Zoroark Break, Hydreigon (PR SWSH), Hoopa GX and Grimmsnarl VMAX

• Upvote 1
√ó
√ó