NICE COMBO #1

bluefinancier

74-totodile.jpg

I was a big fan of InQuest Gamer Magazine's TCG Combo, a feature that highlighted a pair of cards that can be pretty useful in play. In the same manner, I'd like to present a periodic series - NICE COMBO. To kick start, this combo is pretty simple:

Feraligatr Prime + Totodile CL

Do you like to flip a LOT of coins and score some prizes? If the answer is yes, read on! Totodile CL pairs very nicely with Feraligatr Prime, simply add some energy quickly to get your mid-game attacks on.

If you have your own combo you'd like to contribute, feel free to post a separate topic in the same format with NICE COMBO, and add a number just above the previous post :-)

dont think this is a very good combo and feraligatr prime certainly has a ton of very good combos, but i do like the idea of this thread, please keep it going :)

@BDAShadow eh means to get it out with a rare candy like he did to me in one of our battles.

@bluefinancier you still haven't answer my question so just answer this one please. Would you do a rare candy for my holo one card lugia it is the on one card not the two pecies to it?

@BDAShadow: I thought about other combinations to pair up with Feraligatr: Golduck namely. I've seen Golduck used for a grand total of zero times. I like Golduck a lot, except I don't like Psyduck, and waiting for Golduck just isn't worth playing trainers to get the card out.

On the fire side of things, I feel players already know of the combos there:

Emboar and Magnezone

Emboar and RDL

Typhlosion Prime and Reshiram

I was also thinking of Emboar and a certain colorless basic that also flips coins... but I have seen no player use the combination either... (to be revealed in a future post)

@trainertepig: I'll hold off. Thanks for asking with the Ampharos Prime, and then following up with Lugia. Did you read the article from HBR I posted on the Water Club thread?

@bluefinancier i've seen golduck used a few times and i think its definitely worth it. when do people every use the basics? think magnemite or cyndaquil or whatever, the basic will rarely be used. tododile can't be one of your actual attackers, and even its attack power isn't very good. you can candy to another feraligatr, sure, but why? you only need one in play and it definitely shouldn't be your attacker. It goes good with mostly any water poke basically, or even something like hydreigon. lol and i know the colourless your talking about but i won't reveal it ;)

not yet and trainertepig57 has been sespended from this web site but he did read it and it said a lot of things that go agaist the term of use of this online game but that was only 1 percent of the whole thing by a lot I mean only 1 thing agaist this online term of use.

Feraligatr Prime Totodile CL

Do you like to flip a LOT of coins and score some prizes? If the answer is yes, read on! Totodile CL pairs very nicely with Feraligatr Prime, simply add some energy quickly to get your mid-game attacks on.

This is not a good idea, even on paper. Totodile does 20 damage per heads for each energy, so it's really doing 20*(0.5)=10 damage on average per energy. Even with 9 energy on it (which will never happen), you can only expect it to do 120 damage per turn. Popular Pokemon nowadays have 130 HP or more (including Zekrom, Terrakion, Chandelure, any LEGEND), and won't be threatened by anything Totodile can throw at it. Furthermore, Totodile has 60 HP, which means it will be revenged by just about any competitive card. You just lost all that energy.

Sorry to crush your dreams, kid, but this is not a strategy. Simply stated: If you have Feraligatr Prime on the field, your priority is to attack with it. If you have Totodile on the field, your priority is to evolve it into a Feraligatr ASAP.

As said, it's not a good theme.

Use Golduck instead if you want to do things like this (though there are better ways). Turns your energies into healing AND Golduck doesn't matter who the energies are attached so you can prepare other Pokemon while still boosting the attack. And furthermore, it deals 10 damage more (with 3 energies attached compared to Totodile), there are no luck-based flips involved, Golduck can start attacking sooner, and Golduck has more HP.

If you don't want an evolution, there's also Alomomola with Hydro Pump. And if you don't mind another stage-2, there's ability Samurott

• 3 months later...

Archived